- He didn't mention it before. – I say, recalling every conversation in the past three days.

- I'm sure it just slipped his mind since he's been extremely busy lately. – she dismissed casually. – It's at midnight; I know you have school tomorrow, but you should come too. Maybe you don't know anyone in the pack yet, but it would be a good sign if you showed up... I'm sure Caleb wants you there. – she concludes.

She's very right about that. Everyone is hurting so bad right now and it's partially my fault. If only we had told the alphas of our relationship, the whole attack could've been avoided. The least I can do is show up tonight offer my condolences and see if I can help in any way. Besides, I'll get to meet a lot of people. Fortunately, I remember packing some black jeans and a shirt earlier today.

- I'd love to go. – I accept, earning me a smile. - Speaking of Caleb, do you know where he is? – I ask.

- Yeah, he's upstairs taking a shower. – she responds. – Now that I think about it, he's taking longer than usual. Do you mind checking on him? – she asks nicely. - I wanted to ask him something. –

- Sure. Thanks for everything, it was nice speaking with you. – I say, picking up my suitcase and walking upstairs.

I make my way up the stairs and drag my suitcase into Caleb's room. The sound of flowing water coming from the bathroom hits my ear and I can't help but the nasty thoughts running wild in my head. My Goddess, he must look sexy as hell in there. I gently lay the suitcase on top of the bed and take my clothes off until only my boxers are left. I unzip the suitcase and open it, revealing a pile of poorly folded clothes. It's a good thing River Valley is not so far away, otherwise I'd need to iron the clothes. Finally, I found my black jeans and a formal black short to match. I set it aside and walked toward the bathroom. As I open the door a little steam comes out and the sound of falling water becomes clearer.

- Hey, Mary said to stop wasting water and finish showering already. – I joke, closing the door behind me.

Wiping the condensation in the mirror with my hand, I look at myself to make sure I'm presentable. A little facial hair had begun growing from not shaving in four days, but it still looked good. I think I'll shave it just in case, besides, there's still time until de ceremony takes place at midnight. What was it called again? I was about to ask Caleb when I heard him breathe in noisily, resembling a lot of a sob. Is he crying?

- I'll be out in a minute. – he says trying to sound casually, but I can sense something in his tone.

- Is everything all right? – I ask, more concern this time.

- Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry. – he assures me, but there's this troubling feeling in my stomach telling me otherwise.

I walk up to the curtain and listen closely. His heartbeat is fast and sporadic, not following a constant rhythm. His breathing is also heavy and a bit noisy and more importantly, the mate bond is telling me something is not okay. I slowly push the curtain aside. My eyes fall to the ground, Caleb's naked on the floor with red eyes. There's steam coming off from the warm water. I close the water and enter without a second thought.

- Why are you crying? – I ask, sitting down in front of him, and grabbing his hands.

- Maybe he just realized he doesn't love you. – Klyn's voice still lingers in my head. For the Goddess's sake, just what I needed. Please not right now, just go away. – Face it, he doesn't love you.

- It's nothing. – he quickly dismissed, looking away and wiping his eyes.

- Well, it's clearly not nothing if it's making you cry. – I say calmly. - Come on, baby, you can tell me. –