CHAPTER THREE: NEW FACES

Start from the beginning

SELINA KYLE'S APARTMENT, 1989:

One of her cats meowed, "I know kitty, this won't end well" said Selina with some worry.

Selina got off of her couch, and placed some boxing gloves on her hands and started punching her punch bag.

After, she lifted weights, working on her biceps.

She then put the weights down, sat on the ground and began to stretch, as she continued watching the news.

After working out, she began putting her suit on, starting with her pants, then jacket, boots, gloves and then finally her mask, pulling her goggles down, to cover her eyes, and equipped her whip and other gadgets on her utility belt.

MEANWHILE, THE NARROWS:
After Roman Sionis, had escaped Arkham, he ditched the cop car, still wearing his uniform, and walked through alley ways, wearing a trench coat he had stolen from a homeless person. He strolled across a load of posters stuck to the wall, promoting the re-opening of the Iceberg Lounge, as Sionis let out an outburst of anger, and begun tearing the posters apart.

As he proceeded, he noticed a black cat nearby, on a fire escape, which angered him even more, remembering what Selina did to him.

SOMETIME LATER, THE SIRENS CLUB:
Harley and Ivy were just beginning to process the news of Joker's and Sionis escape. "Fuuuuuuck" Harley said, as she sinked in the problem.

Selina dived from rooftop to rooftop, eventually she climbed down onto stairs below and stopped. She was just a building away next to the sirens. She noticed something strange. Beautiful, fresh plants around the club and a nice looking car parked just outside. "Hmmm this don't seem right, this bucket of piss was closed years ago, still looks a shithole, not re done" Selina questioned. She stealthily climbed down the stairs and landed by an alley between both buildings. Selina began slowly creeping over toward the front, getting closer and closer to the plants.

Harley paced back and fourth "fuck fuck fuck, this is bad, he's gonna come for me" Harley panicked. "Calm down he doesn't even know where you are plus you're stronger now without him, we can take hi-" Ivy was cut off by the sudden sense of movement from her vines. "What is it?" Harley said "somethings out there" , said Ivy.

Selina continued to creep over when she felt a stroke and a prick around her ankle, she looked down to see a vine slowly wrapping around her, suddenly she was dragged to the floor by the vine. The sudden move caused her to hit her head on the ground which knocked her unconscious.

Harley and Ivy heard the sounds and looked out a window to see Selina strung up like a puppet, "what do we have here...", Ivy says, as she recognised
'Catwoman', tied up in her vines.

Sometime later, Selina awoke, looking down at the floor, feeling fuzzy, as she felt herself tightened to a chair. She looked to see vines holding her together, then looked up to see Harley standing in front of her.

Harley aimed a pistol towards her. "Who sent you?!" Harley roared, as she tried to intimidate Selina. "Who the fuck is this Iv?" Harley gasped (exaggerated) "what if Mistah J sent her?!" Harley said, whilst Ivy layed on the couch watching them both. "Why the fuck would he send her Harls?" Ivy questioned, as Selina regained awareness. "Wait, you the Joker's girl? What was it H-Har-Harley...Quinn?" Selina asked, "umm fyi, I'm nobody's girl" Harley said, as Ivy laughed at the scene. Selina struggled, trying to break out of the vines, however failed as Ivy laughed even more. "So, what were ya even doin' out there?", Harley questioned, "I've got a better question, what are you girls doing out here?", Selina responded, "hey, I ask the questions!" Harley yelled, as Ivy rolled her eyes. "Well, if you want the truth, I was just going for a stroll round the neighbourhood, and suddenly I was attacked by...plants...", Selina explained, even questioning herself and her surroundings. "Hang on a minute....", Harley said, and then remembered an old newspaper she read of Batman and Catwoman seen together, "don't ya know Batman?" Harley questioned, "well I don't 'know him', but we've met, we once encountered each other when we took down Sionis", "

"So...what's Batman like?", Harley asked, "you sure you don't know who he is?", she questioned, "if I knew who he was, imagine the money I would have made exposing his identity", Selina answered, as Harley turned to Ivy who shrugged her shoulders. "Hmm...", Harley responded. Harley turned to Ivy and said, "girl talk", then turned back to Selina who looked confused, so Harley and Ivy wandered off.

"How do you know that we can trust her, she's worked with Batman?!", Ivy said to Harley, "I don't trust her, but what if she's telling the truth?, the poor girl could just be looking for some friends ya know?" Harley explained, "oh so now you're all welcome and friendly?" Ivy questioned sarcastically, "besides if Mistah J is after us, we're gonna need all the help we can get", as they turned back to see Selina not in the chair. "Oh...shit", Harley raised her gun and began walking slowly back to where Selina was held "hereee kitty, kitty" Harley said mockingly. They heard a bang from downstairs, they both raced down and heard the sound of a car starting, as they got downstairs they saw the front door open and their car speeding away. "That bitch!" Harley said angrily.

Selina drove through Gotham toward her apartment, as she turned a corner, she saw a sight of horror. Her apartment building was in flames, smoking up into the clouds. Selina sped to her building and launched herself out of the car. "Nooooo, my kitties!" Selina then realised "Oh my god, MAGGIE!" Selina's sister was still in the apartment. Selina felt a shot of adrenaline and she burst through the doors. She coughed and raced up the stairs. Fighting to get through the flames, nearly being killed by falling wood and brick. She made it to her apartment but began to fall as she struggled for air. She tried to scream for her sister but coughed again. She stopped when she saw her beloved kitties, on the floor, with blood trailing behind, this wasn't any accident. Selina teared up but came back to reality as she could not stay any longer and dived through the building to escape. Selina dived through the front doors as she coughed her lungs out, face red and black. She stood and stared at the carnage before her and began to tear up, she dropped to her knees in horror and said one word. "Him", Selina said, now in complete rage.

ELSEWHERE:
A young woman, stood, powerless, chained to a wall, as she feared for her life, her surroundings were dark as she couldn't make anything out. Suddenly she heard footsteps as a light shined down on her, blinding her. The woman screamed and cried, "Shhh", she heard, "please don't take this personal, Maggie", she heard a roaring voice say in the shadows, as she heard coughing. This voice sounded damaged, and creepy, "you need to remember, this isn't about you", the voice said, as he stood into the light, revealing a man wearing a pair of black leather shoes, black suit pants, a white shirt and black tie, with his sleeves rolled up, revealing burned skin, a pair of gloves covering his hands, and most the most standout feature was, a Black skull mask, covering his face.

She screamed in fear, realising who this was, as she flinched, closing her eyes, attempting to break out of the chains, however in this moment, there was nothing she could do to save herself. "What the fuck do you want from me, you creep?!", she screamed, "I want you to know, everything...all of this, is all because of Selina Kyle", Roman Sionis told her.

TO BE CONTINUED, IN 'CHAPTER FOUR: CONVERGENCE'