Wattpad Original

Epilogue

Sebastian

"Almost there, babe. Just two blocks away."

"It's four blocks," Max told me, and I made a face. I put the phone far away and told him.

"Just drive, okay? Stop listening to my conversation with my wife."

Dammit! I regret coming to the office and meeting the French investor. Sweet is already 40 weeks long. Our baby is about to come out at any moment.

Sweet was having contractions last night. But when she woke up this morning, she was like, "Nah, false alarm." She continued her daily morning routine, cooking breakfast, walking around the garden, and watering the plants. Two hours later, she was in the hospital, in labor.

I have to be there when she gives birth, to support and motivate her. I wanna be there the whole time, from her going into labor to our baby's first cry.

I'm feeling both excited and nervous. When my son is born, it's a one-time thing that can't be redone. I really wanted to be there to see the miracle of life and make a memory I'll always treasure.

Sweet groaned in pain, and that made me even more worried.

"Babe, are you okay? Don't they give you something to relieve the pain?"

"Yeah, yeah. They're preparing for it now." Her voice sounded in anguish. "Ah...ah...this hurts so much."

"Just hold on, babe, for our son." I looked at the traffic in front and sighed heavily. "Don't worry. I'll be there in a bit."

"You said that earlier, ohhh.... The contraction is intensifying. Hurry! I don't want to give birth to our son without you."

"I don't either." I turned to Max and told him to drive faster.

"I can't go faster, sir." He pointed at the slow-moving series of cars in front of us.

"What's happening? Why is the traffic so bad?"

"There seems to be an accident causing this traffic."

I slumped in my seat, defeated. Then said to Max.

"How many blocks away from the hospital?"

"Hmm...about three blocks now, sir."

"This traffic is terrible. I can't miss my son's birth. I'm going out, Max. I'll just run to the hospital."

"I agree too," Max unlocked the car. "Congrats on the new baby, sir!"

"Thanks!" Without wasting a moment, I leaped out of the car and hurriedly made my way to the hospital. The overwhelming anticipation I experienced was indescribable as I eagerly looked forward to the life-changing event of Sweet delivering our son.

Two years ago, and also being in a four month relationship, I proposed marriage to Sweet during our dream vacation in Bali, Indonesia. I had a super romantic table set up by the waterfalls. We had lunch there, and then I went ahead with the proposal.

I clasped her hands together with mine, holding her with trembling fingers.

"From the moment we met, I knew that there was something special about you. Your smile, your laugh, and your kind heart have completely stolen my heart. I love every moment we spend together and I can't wait to make endless memories with you. So, with everything I just said, I have a question for you." I took the small red velvet box out from my pocket, opened it and held the diamond studded engagement ring in front of her. "Will you marry me, Sweet? I can't picture a future without you. I promise to love you no matter what, support your dreams, and be there for you through everything."