Wattpad Original
There are 88 more free parts

01

Sweet

For the ninth time, I checked the time on my wristwatch.

4:15 p.m.

I sighed, uncrossing my legs and shifting on the black leather couch. I straightened my perfectly tailored white blazer. The nervousness I'd felt earlier was gone, replaced with uneasiness.

I was seated in a private office in the Stavrakos Building, one of the tallest skyscrapers in Manhattan, complete with vaulted ceilings and glass windows looking out over the New York skyline—the pinnacle of luxury.

"Where the hell is he? We were supposed to meet at four sharp," I whispered to my best friend—slash editor and personal assistant—Marie Laude, sitting beside me.

"I know, right? I didn't expect a man of his caliber to be late. He has so many people organizing his time."

My lips twisted. "Well, he's a billionaire. Many people want to talk to him."

I was waiting to interview Sebastian Stavrakos, a powerful young Greek billionaire and the heir to the Stavrakos empire. His executive secretary, James Morris, informed me when we arrived that his boss had left and would be back in just a few minutes.

But it was already fifteen minutes past four.

"Maybe he's caught in traffic. We did see construction in the city on our way here. Or maybe the paparazzi caught up to him," Marie said.

I rubbed my palms together. "Let's just wait. I'm lucky he even agreed to this interview. You know how elusive he is with the press."

"Ah—and this exclusive interview will be the perfect final piece for your first book! I'm so proud of you, best friend. You've come so far in your blogging journey."

"Aw, thanks." I hugged Marie quickly. "The Dreamers Publishing House wants me to cover him in one whole chapter. If I can get him to talk about that princess drama he's involved in, the book will sell itself."

"If anyone can get Sebastian to open up, it's you. It's wild how two royal princesses are fighting over him." She shrugged her shoulders. "Though I can't blame them. He's a Greek god—so damn hot!"

We both laughed and giggled.

"Let's keep our fingers crossed. The Dreamers promised five book deals if the first becomes a bestseller."

"You can do it; I have great trust in you." She squeezed my hand. "And you'll make your followers very happy by granting their request to interview Sebastian."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I owe my success to them. Without their love and support for my blog, I wouldn't be where I am now."

"We feel your passion for writing blogs. And you're honest with your opinion, which makes them love you more."

"Thanks, bestie."

"Aww, you know I'm your number one fan."

With teary eyes, we hugged each other.

I started blogging as a hobby, writing about life, love, relationships, and advice until it became a passion. I couldn't believe when my blog, Sweet Blog, went viral six months ago. My following skyrocketed from a few thousand to ten million seemingly overnight.

I still had to pinch myself to believe what I'd achieved, partnering with famous brands and earning lucrative projects and collaborations. Joy overwhelmed me, knowing I was successful in what I was doing. I couldn't explain the feeling of happiness that sparkled inside me. Every day, I was more inspired and motivated to hone my craft and engage with my followers.