chapter seventeen.

after camila took some time with her personal trainer, then getting in the car to do her formation lap, she was soon lined up in her starting position. the race was set to begin any minute.

she needed to prove herself, to everyone. but camila couldn't do that without the help of her team. she needed them.

"and it's lights out and away we go at the dutch grand prix!" crofty announced, the cars quickly taking off at rapid pace.

immediately, camila got an excellent start, effortlessly passing the williams of george russel, followed by daniel and fernando, before soon, camila was pressuring the ferrari's of charles and carlos.

by lap 17, camila was now sitting in p5, however she was hot on carlos' tail. by lap 21, the team decided to send lewis into the pits, keeping camila out.

and when max was sent into the pits the following lap, it was clear to camila who the priorities lay beneath, it was clear that the fight was now between lewis and max.

and if camila another bad race after today, it would be almost certain that she would be ignored by the team, the would be focusing on lewis. the star. camila would just be following behind, taking all the teams orders to benefit him. to help him win. he would take her place in the standings, he wasn't that far behind, a few points was something he could easily grasp. but camila was desperate for that championship. yes, if lewis won, the team would be able to afford to keep her, but would they even want to by then if she wasn't the winner, if she didn't truly earn her place?

with lewis in the pits, followed by max; it was camila's opportunity to gain places, now weaving her way through the circuit, managing to pass carlos while doing so.

now situated in p4, as pierre rapidly dropped places; charles had taken his position, leading the race, with max and lewis coming out of the pits, just before camila could get ahead of the both of them. 

"now lap 30, and it's currently leclerc leading the race, verstappen closely behind, but hamilton is also getting closer! rivera is in p4, a marvellous comeback from starting 11th today" crofty comments, the cars speeding through the circuit at rapid pace.

the race continued to maintain a constant switch of positions, and as lap by lap began to go by, camila's tires were slowly wearing out, soon going from p4 to p7.

throughout the whole weekend camila felt completely disregarded by the team; receiving practically zero feedback, they even barely paid much attention to make sure she was safe and secure in the car.

"my tires are gone, i knew we should've pitted sooner guys" camila spoke through her radio, disappointment laced in her tone.

"we will pit next lap camila. next lap." james responded, camila rolling her eyes under her helmet.

as it was now lap 31, camila made her way to the pit lane, however she was stuck waiting for far longer than she should have been, loosing precious time due to one of the pit crew members struggling to put her left rear tire on.

"what are we doing guys? seriously?" camila groaned, her frustration growing heavier and heavier.

she wanted to scream — camila had never felt more frustrated. she wanted to stop the car, get out and walk away, right back to her hotel room, forgetting about the race, forgetting about the team.

due to camilas pit-stop, she had now dropped to p18. and by lap 37, the spinning aston martin of sebastian vettel caused her to quickly slow down, avoiding a crash however loosing about a second and a half of time. and she had already lost far too much due to the mistakes of her team.