chapter six.

author note: pls comment and vote!! it means a lot to me and really motivates me knowing i get to write something that ppl are engaged in <3

after camila managed to calm down after the phone call with her father, she changed into a team shirt and jeans, making herself look presentable.

camila did her media duties, vaguely answering questions and remaining calm, collected and professional. max on the other hand, aggressively shut down any questions about the incident that occurred, giving one brief statement and deciding that that was enough on the matter.

camila now stood at the parc fermé, waiting to congratulate lewis on his win.

lewis parked his car in front of p1, whilst charles in p2 and lando in p3.

lewis leaped out of the car, ecstatic as he was able to take a win at his home grand prix.

making his way to the team, lewis noticed camila, immediately making his way towards her, holding her in a tight embrace.

"i'm sorry kid" he said apologetically.

"no lewis, don't be. celebrate your win." she smiled.

but as much as she was happy for her friend, her heart ached.

pulling away from the hug, lewis now turned to the team as he continued embracing the people that made his win possible.

charles then took notice of camila and began to walk towards her, taking off his helmet and balaclava, running his hands through his hair.

and from across the paddock, max was watching intently.

"congratulations charles" camila said as charles shook his head, making his way to hug her tightly.

"i'm warning you about max" he whispered in her ear;

"i hope you regret it now."

he was referring to this kiss.

her smile dropped. she didn't expect him to bring it up again.

from across the paddock, max observed the interaction closely, noticing charles whisper something in camila's ear, her expression suddenly changing.

he didn't like it.

first charles practically ignored him this morning, coldly brushing him off, and now he was whispering things in camilas ear she obviously didn't want to hear.

he clenched his fists and jaw.

max then noticed how he hugged her, his hand resting on the small of her back, with the other hand holding her head, tangling his fingers in her dark hair.

just like he had done that one morning in bed. and just like he had last night.

as charles pulled away from the hug, his hand holding camila's head lingered a little longer then max liked.

charles winked at camila, max swearing he saw her cheeks flush a light shade of pink.

after the podium celebration, camila went to the hotel room, max already being there as he didn't have time to watch charles grin at camila and teasingly spray champagne on her.

ew.

as camila entered the room, it was painfully silent.

and it remained silent as camila left to the bathroom to have a shower, and the silence began to feel like knives through max's heart when she continued to ignore the calls of her name coming from his lips as she came back into the room, getting into bed, her back facing him.