chapter twelve.

camila stared at max's message for far too long.

because his message showed to camila that he had been thinking about her just as much as she had been thinking about him.

did max think it was her kissing charles? and yes, it was her, but was max angry? sad? or did he not care?

because camila knew that when she would see max, whenever it was, she would tell him the truth, every single detail.

camila decided not to respond to his message, getting into bed and somehow managing to fall asleep with her mind managing to shut down. which was difficult.

camila planned to stay in madrid for 3 days, much like everyone else, a short trip with fun memories was all they needed for a refresh, then camila would spend the rest of her summer break training.

after camila awoke, having breakfast and enjoying her second day in madrid, she had decided to tell daniel that max had messaged her, admitting to her friend that maybe responding now wasn't the best idea, she should speak to him in person, whenever that would be.

to this, daniel agreed wholeheartedly, deciding it was best to enjoy the short trip in madrid before facing the issue.

but of course, daniel messaged max, he didn't want him to worry.

so, daniel told him not to stress over camila not responding, urging max to wait until he saw the girl again to talk.

and that eased some of max's nerves, camila wasn't really ignoring him, she was just waiting.

and max knew he'd do anything to hear her voice again, so he was willing to wait, he understood she needed time to deal with everything.

because max wasn't convinced that camila wasn't the girl kissing charles.

max knew charles would go out of his way to spite him, and inviting camila to hang out whilst she was in such a vulnerable state would be the perfect opportunity for charles to take advantage of her.

he wouldn't put it past him.

but, if it was camila kissing him, did she enjoy it? did she hate it? did she tell charles she'd never want to see him again? god, max hoped she had, he prayed that when camila kissed charles, she wished it was him instead.

days passed, camila was happy to say that she had enjoyed her time in madrid, she was sort of upset that the trip had to end so soon.

everyone was beginning to gear up for the second half of the season. camila was fortunate enough to be leading in the championship, lewis closely behind, followed by max.

camila spent the last few days of summer break working hard, as did max and many other drivers.

camila even found herself training a couple times with lewis, grateful to be in the company of her friend.

max also trained with daniel occasionally, but max somehow never found himself talking to him about camila.

wait.

that was all he needed to do. she would come to him when she was ready. that's what max had kept reminding himself.

it was currently early in the morning, tomorrow max would be flying to belgium, so today he was going to get some heavy training in by himself.

but the sound of his door knocking interrupted his routine.

and when his fathers face was staring back at his through the doorway it was a wake up call max wasn't expecting.