chapter two.

today was qualifying. and after a nerve wracking evening from both max and camila, the pair were both able to keep their concentration for today.

sporting some light wash blue jeans, paired with her adidas sambas, mercedes top and a loose braid, camila entered the paddock with elegance.

after interacting with fans and members of the paddock, camila met with meghan at mercedes hospitality, discussing the current work and meg's kind reminder of the press conference she was to attend after qualifying.

"hey lew" camila side hugged her teammate as she remained seated, just finishing her conversation with meg.

lewis leant down to hug his friend, "how you feeling?" lewis knew she was probably a bit nervous after she frantically messaged him last night, explaining how her dad would be attending today.

"i'm good, and you?" she smiled

"good" he grinned.

"you're with me for the press conference aren't you?" he questioned

"yeah" camila responded "me, you and max i think"
she hummed.

he mirrored her hum "yeah" he slowly nodded.

camila knew lewis wasn't max's biggest fan. but, the pair were civil. that was enough for her.

"i'll see you" he waved as he headed inside the mercedes hospitality

"see you" she smiled.

fp3 went pretty much the same as yesterday. the two mercedes of camila and lewis dominated, whilst the redbull of max put up a strong front as well.

just enough to add a hint of nerves to camila that wasn't there before.

she met with her dad after practice. they shared a conversation.

well, he talked at her, at camila just nodded, not wanting to upset him or herself before qualifying.

after blasting her favourite music from her and lewis' shared spotify playlist, camila was ready for quali.

she spoke with the team and conversed with toto before it was time for her to come out of the pits and do a couple laps.

like the team expected, camila's time was enough to put her through to q3.

"how are we looking?" camila questioned james, her engineer, over the radio as she completed her final lap.

"that lap just then was perfect. you're 0.209 faster than lewis."

"verstappen almost completing his lap. it's looking like pole position for now. well done"

"thanks guys" camila responded as she headed to the pit lane.

"max has recorded 1:28.997" james announced over the radio.

"what was our time?" camila questioned.

"1:29.176 - you're 0.179 off of verstappen, that's p2." he responded.

"okay."

he's gonna be pissed. camila thought as she parked her car behind p2.

camila got out of the car, she glanced over and saw max getting out of his too.