Drugs?

A/N: Sorry for the long time between posts. I've started taking some online classes which is eating up a lot of my time. But here is another story! This one is on the longer side since most of you said you'd prefer longer ones than multi-part. Let me know what you think. Thank you for reading!
This was requested by @user1480435.

Jay POV (Tess 17 years old)
Over the past few weeks, Tess had been acting strangely. She was spending more time out of the house and barely talking to me or Will. When she did talk to us, she was moody and not herself. Will kept trying to tell me not to worry and it was just a phase but, I could tell he was worried too. When we tried to talk to Tess about it, she'd get mad and end the conversation.

One night, the three of us were chilling in the living room. Tess had gone to shower and her phone started to ring.
I glanced at the caller ID and was a little confused when I saw it was Mouse.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Uh, Jay?" Mouse stuttered on the other end. "I thought, I uh, I meant to call Tess."
I rolled my eyes. On top of Tess's strange behavior, Mouse had been asking me about Tess a lot lately. It was starting to weird me out. "Is there something going on with you and my sister that I should know about?" I asked, half jokingly.
Mouse paused. "I swear to Gd it's not what you think."
That took me by surprise and I became furious. What the hell was my best friend doing with my sister? My teenage sister. "You'd better hope not. Cause if you're doing what I think you're doing to my sister, you'd better watch yourself." I threatened.

Tess POV
After I showered, I went back into the living room and saw Jay talking on my phone. "Why's he on my phone?" I asked Will.
Will shook his head. "Not sure."
"Gerwitz" Jay sounded angry.
"Jay!" I screeched. "Give me the phone." Jay sharply said goodbye to Mouse and hung up the phone.
"What's going on?" Jay put his hands on his hips.
I didn't know how to reply and just stared at him.

Jay POV
I was growing increasingly more mad. Tess was hiding something and I had had enough of her secrets. "We barely see you anymore. You don't talk to us. You're not yourself. Tell us what's going on." I ordered.
"No" Tess shook her head. "I'm not telling you about this." Tess argued.
"T, we just want to make sure you're safe and happy. But you've gotta talk to us" Will stepped in, hoping to diffuse the situation. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful.
"I don't need you guys constantly protecting me!" Tess snapped. "I'm not some little kid anymore!"
"Well, in the eyes of the law, you're still a minor." I retorted. "And you're always going to be our little sister."
Tess scowled. "I don't care! It's my life!"
"Why does Mouse know what's going on and we don't?" I questioned.
"If I wanted to tell you I would've." Tess said. "Give me my phone."
"Not until you tell us what's going on!" I shouted.
"No!"
"Tess..." I was boiling over at this point. What was she hiding?
"I said no! I'm not going to tell you every little thing!"
"This seems like more than a little thing!" I shouted back. I looked at Will, hoping he'd get her to open up.
"He's right" Will sighed. "We've tried to give you space but it's been long enough. It's time we know what's going on."

Tess POV
I couldn't face my brothers. Not now. "Not happening." I grabbed my phone out of Jay's hand. "I'm going out. Don't follow me. I'll be fine." I stormed off.
"Tess! Don't you dare leave!" Jay shouted as he chased after me. I slid on my shoes and opened the door. Before I could step out, Jay wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back. I screamed and started fighting against him. "Let me go!" I screeched. "Put me the fuck down!" I kept kicking and moving around until Jay put me down.
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Jay shouted.
"Leave. Me. ALONE!" I screamed. Then Jay did something he had never done before. He slapped me across the cheek. We all froze.
"T, I-" Jay began. I took advantage of my brothers' stunned state and ran out of the apartment.

Jay POV
I went to run after Tess but Will stopped me. "Let her go. You both need to calm down."
I was fuming. I was also a little embarrassed and guilty. I had never laid a hand on Tess. After what our dad did to us, Will and I swore that we'd never lay a finger on Tess. "Thanks for your help" I said sarcastically.
"I didn't have a chance to react" Will defended himself. "You two were at each other's throats. I couldn't get a word in." Sadly, I knew he was right. I went into the kitchen and poured some water.
"That was weird though, right?" I asked. I could feel my heart rate slowing down.
Will nodded. "I don't think I've ever seen her like that. Something's not right."
I sighed. "What the hell do we do?"