Chapter 14: Restrain

The sun rose, causing the drapes hanging from the window to add an orange glare to the morning light

The sun rose, causing the drapes hanging from the window to add an orange glare to the morning light. You open your eyes and breathe in sharply. The day of escape has started. You stretch your hand out to the sheets, seeing how closeup the rays pour through between threads, glowing like radiant kindle in a fire. The fabric is warm underneath your digits, and when the daylight soaks the room, painting the hues anew, you feel the touch of the amber rays bathe into your skin. The memories of last night come back and you're left with a smile. Turning over, you see Simon snoring in a deep slumber as usual.

"Wake up sleepy head, we have a big day!" You gently shake him as you are joyed with excitement.

"Five more minutes..." He mumbled.

"We don't have time for that, we need to plan our getaway."

Simon swiftly sat up as if wide awake. "Getaway?" He questioned.

"...Yeah, with last night. With what you said..."

"What about last night?" Simon's temper began to rise.

"You tired of Negan's bullshit...I said the offer to leave was still open and then you-"

"Yes!" He cut you off. "I did say I'm tired of his bullshit, but I never said yes to running away."

"But you literally-"

"I know what we did last night. Quite frankly, I had enough of discussing problems and the tequila started talking."

"I thought that was a gesture for yes you'd want to leave!" You cried out.

"I already told you my answer to that." His voice fell monotone.

"I can't believe you, Simon!"

"Look, we can talk this out just..." He looked over and noticed the time on the clock. "Fuck! I'm late for work. Y/N we'll continue this later." He got up and hurried out the door, ditching you alone in his bed.

You were filled with rage towards Simon. You felt used. How could he act like that? It drove your head to feel heavy...However, on the plus side, you did manage to remember that today was Credit Day. Maybe buying something for yourself would help keep your mind off the negative and the walk could aid in relieving some stress. You grabbed your clothes and got dressed.

Your first objective was to find some fresh air, so you beeline to the nearest exit. You forced a large rusted door open and the sun immediately blinded you for a brief instant. Once your sight comes back you decide to walk down a miniature dirt path leading to the woods. You weren't paying full attention to your direction, just focused on walking. Your mind nonetheless spun like a merry-go-round that was stuck in motion. That fucker took advantage of me! Lying to me... Or maybe I took it the wrong way? Miscommunication. He never did say the word 'yes' to leaving. I just interpreted us having sex as yes with the conversation...But I want to leave regardless. Today was the day or was it really? Was I too excited about my own idea? Did I jump the gun too soon without a plan?! Should I tell him I want to leave even if he chooses not to join me? Is Vincent even okay? You drowned in your thoughts.