Learning and Betrayal

Gajeel held his daughter's hand as he walked into the cave. He'd been waiting years to bring Darcy to meet Aquamist. Levy had always told him she was too young to learn magic so on her sixth birthday they stood there together. Darcy was going to learn Water Dragon Slaying magic. She was already practicing Solid Script from Levy's old teacher.

"Daddy?" Darcy said looking up at Gajeel. She looked a little scared.

"Yes?" He asked smiling down at her. He picked her up.

"Is she scary?" She asked wrapping her small arms around his neck. She hid her face there.

"No." He ran his fingers through Darcy's dark blue hair and kissed her forehead

"Who's there?" The two heard Aquamist's voice boom. Darcy jumped and hugged Gajeel tighter. The beautiful blue dragon came out to the cave's edge where the Redfoxes stood. Gajeel smirked. "Iron Dragon."

"Hey. I told you I was coming back with my daughter eventually." He said as Darcy slowly peeked out at Aquamist.

"She's the same color as mommy's hair." She said pointing at the dragon. She hugged her father even tighter, "She's scary! I want mommy!"

Gajeel sighed and Aquamist chuckled, "I won't hurt you, child. Don't you know your father was raised by a dragon?"

Darcy looked at her dad and nodded then squirmed in his arms until he put her down. "You're my new teacher?"

Aquamist moved her head to the child's level. "Yes." She spoke softly. "And you're going to stay with me while you learn magic. You're daddy will stop by and check on you every now and then."

"What about mommy? When will I see her again?" Darcy asked turning to Gajeel.

Gajeel shook his head, "You're mother is still on a job and won't be back for a very long time." He looked at Aquamist making eye contact with her. "Take care of her. I trust you." He picked up Darcy and hugged her, "Good-bye. I'll be back in a few days." He kissed her forehead and left as Darcy waved to him.

Gajeel wiped the tear away from his eye. Crying was never his thing, he was tough and better than that. His top priority was finding Levy and Jet and Droy. He didn't really lie to his daughter, she just didn't know the whole truth. Team Shadow Gear was missing and his exceed almost lost his life flying back to tell him.

Five months ago...

Gajeel rolled over and Darcy walked in and shook him gently. He opened his eyes slowly and smiled, "Yeah?" He asked with a deep tired voice.

"Lily is bleeding." She said wiping tears away. He hadn't noticed her crying because it was dark.

Gajeel sat up and flipped the light on quickly looking at his daughter. She had blood on her hands. "Darcy, where is he?" She pointed out to the living room. "Go wash your hands and get back to bed." He ordered her. His tone of voice told her not to argue.

Gajeel went out to the living room quickly expecting to see Levy and her team but he only saw his exceed. "Lily?" His voice shook. All the blood, there was too much for it to be just his. "Pantherlily?" His voice cracked and he walked closer to the bleeding cat.

"Gajeel..." Lily spoke quietly. He was in his smaller form, Gajeel assumed he could not be any bigger for the time being. "They attacked us and took Shadow Gear."

"Stop talking." Gajeel ordered the cat pushing his emotions back. He picked him up and laid him in his small bed in the living room. "I'll call Wendy, you'll be okay." He picked up the phone and dialed Wendy quickly.

Current Time...

Levy smirked and perched on the tree branch over Fairy Tail. "Ready boys?" She asked looking at Jet and Droy. She dropped down without waiting for a reply from them. She stood in front of the guild and wrote a quick enchantment to keep everyone out. "Sadly we can't kill them all yet, but they'll all be pretty pissed when they can't open their doors. Not even Freed can rewrite this." She jumped back up to her team mates brushing off her shirt.

"You look great, Levy." Droy said. He had lost all the fat he had gained and was pretty handy in battle again.

"Thanks." Levy said. She was wearing her hair in a tight high ponytail with a strapless shirt that showed her Fairy Tail guild mark that was mostly burned away. Her short skirt came shy of her knees. She stretched. "Let's get going. We need to take out the dragon slayers before morning."

Gajeel and Pantherlily met up at the edge of the woods. "Any traces?" Gajeel asked slipping on his coat. He looked at the small exceed.

"No." Lily replied.

"Shit, where could they be?"

"It's possible..."

"They ain't dead." He glared at the exceed. "We'd know."

Lily sighed, "Let's just head home for tonight. We can look for clues tomorrow." He looked up at the night sky. "I left my sword at the guild though, we need to pick it up."

Gajeel nodded and the two headed for the guild. Once they reached the guildhall Gajeel saw the enchantment, "Wait." He said to his cat. He pressed his hand against it and sniffed the air.

"What?"

"No..." He whispered. "They were here. Whoever wrote this enchantment has Levy with them."

"They have to be close." Lily said.

Gajeel shook his head looking down. He picked up a golden wedding ring, "They are long gone. They wanted me to think they were close by." He curled his fist around the ring. "I want my wife back."