Thoughts

Gajeel had slipped his hand into Levy's on the way back to the guild hall but when they arrived and were about to go inside, they pulled apart, "Gajeel," Levy said looking at him. "Should we tell everyone?"

"Hm?" He looked at her confused.

"About us." she blushed slightly.

"Oh." he scratched his head. "We shouldn't make it obvious but, I honestly don't care if the whole world knows because I've got your heart as much as you have mine."

That made Levy blush brighter. She moved closer to him and hugged him. It threw him off guard but then he returned it wrapping his strong arms around her small body.

Levy pulled from the hug, and when she did Gajeel held her close. He leaned down and brushed his lips lightly against her's, first to see if she let him kiss her. Once he was sure she was alright with this he fully kissed her.

Levy was a bit shocked when their lips first met, but she liked it. His lips were warm, and strangely, she got comfort as he leaned in to kiss her fully. Gajeel was that one person that made her feel safe no matter where she was. He never failed to protect her, unlike Jet and Droy.

Levy shook the thoughts from her head and backed away from Gajeel shyly. Thinking. She was thinking and thinking was going to ruin this for her. Did she only love him because he could successfully protect her? Was she really that weak?

Gajeel was giving her a look. He seemed like he wanted her to come close to him, and let him kiss her again. She shook a little. She was scared. Before that, she had never been kissed. She had never let anyone get that close to her.

"I-I'll see you inside." she said quickly. She ran inside, her pink dress flowing behind her. She slammed the door to the guild hall and everyone looked at her.

"Levy?" Lucy said walking over quickly. "Is everything okay?" she put her arm around Levy's shoulder and walked her away from all the attention. "Is Gajeel out there? Did you tell him?" she sat Levy down at the bar where Mirajane came over.

Levy shook her head. She was cold and shivering. "H-he knows. He loves me back, but I'm questioning my feelings now." she felt the tears swelling up in her eyes. They started blurring her vision.

"First thing, calm down." Mira said setting a cup in front of her. She smiled brightly at Levy. "Everything will be okay."

Lucy hugged her friend tightly. "If you need anyone to talk to, I'll be here for you." she said.

"So will I." Mira added.

Levy nodded and laid her head on the bar. "It's been a long night. I-I think I'm going to go home. Sleep on it. I will try to talk to him again tomorrow."

"That sounds like a plan." Mira said.

"I'll walk you home." Lucy said.

"No. You stay here. I know Natsu is waiting for you to go back over there." Levy smiled at Lucy and got up. "I'll be okay."

"Alright." Lucy said hugging her friend again. She walked back over to Natsu as Mira waved good-bye to Levy.

Gajeel sighed looking up at the sky. The moon was up high and Pantherlily was still inside. So was Levy.

Gajeel was a little away from the guild hall when he heard the front doors open, then close again. Levy was outside and walking in the direction of her home. He smiled seeing her, but she didn't seem like she was looking for him at all.

Take her home, he thought to himself. But no, he doubted she would want that.

Then I'll just make sure she gets home safely. He smirked and followed behind her quietly. He kept a safe distance, so she couldn't hear him.

Levy started to turn around so Gajeel slipped into an ally. He sighed and waited about a minute. Just as he turned out of the ally he was hit in the back of the head and he fell. He looked up from the dirt to see two guys carrying and unconscious Levy away. He got up quickly, "Levy!" he yelled chasing after them, but he was grabbed from behind and thrown into a wall, where he passed out from sudden exhaustion.

Levy...