The Next Morning

Gajeel woke up to the sun hitting his face and Pantherlily holding a bucket. He was soaked with cold water. He glared at his cat and sat up, "What happened?" he questioned the exceed as he sat up. They were in an ally. Levy, he jumped up. "Where's Levy?!" he looked at Lily.

"I'd assume she is at her home." Lily replied putting the bucket down. "You got drunk last night and it took me forever to wake you up."

Gajeel shook his head, "No, no I didn't. Damn it! We need to find Levy." he walked out of the ally and realized that it wasn't the same ally he had been hiding in when they took Levy. "Where are we?"

"Next to the guild hall." Lilly walked in front of his friend. "Levy went home last night and you came into the guild hall shortly after she left. You seemed upset and after drinking as much as Cana would usually drink, you stormed out and I had to come find you."

Gajeel looked over at Lily, "They took Levy." he gritted his teeth. "We're going to get her."

"Who could've possibly taken Levy?" Lily was looking up at Gajeel and he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "No one would even try taking her now anyways, with how much you kept screaming that you loved her last night."

Gajeel blushed slightly but ignored that cat and walked out towards Levy's house. "Do I have to prove to you that she didn't make it home last night?" he said picking up his pace. His head was pounding, but it wasn't from a hangover. He was slammed into a wall, after being hit in the back of the head. Of course it would be pounding.

Gajeel reached Levy's door before Lily had caught up. He knocked three times and door opened on its own. He froze. He knew it, she was gone. She always locked her door, but she didn't make it home which meant...

Lily came up behind Gajeel, "Her door is open?" he questioned. "Doesn't she always lock it? Even when she is home?"

Gajeel nodded and walked in slowly. There was a strong smell of Iron. He looked around, the place was trashed. There it was. Completely untouched.

A new mannequin, made completely of iron, held her dress. The dress she had been wearing the night before. The mannequin wore a blue wig where the small crown he told her to add to her costume sat. He moved closer to it noticing the tears in the dress, and the blood stain on the left shoulder. They had reopened her wound from earlier that week.

Gajeel couldn't help but stare. It was placed there for him. A note was placed in the hand. He picked it up and heard Lily say something behind him. He didn't understand what he said but he nodded anyways. He turned around before reading it to see Lily still standing in the door. "Gajeel?" Lily said. "Are you alright?"

Gajeel had a stern look on his face as he walked outside. He closed the door and opened the note. Levy's key fell out into his palm and he closed his hand around it. "Damn it, I told you!" he glared at his friend. He read the note.

"What does it say?"

"They took Levy. They don't plan on returning her. I shouldn't have let her survive in the first place." Gajeel was pissed, "It also says that they are going to kill her slowly. The thief we took down the other day was working with a group of assassins, and now that he is in jail..." he crumbled the note. "We're going to find her. I can still smell her." he turned around and locked her door. He put the key in his pocket and rushed home to get out of his suit.