Aftermath

Levy woke up in a bed the next morning. She was sore and when she tried to sit up, she ached so she just decided to stay laying down. Levy glanced around a little and that's when she noticed Gajeel passed out in the chair beside her. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, it was something Levy loved about going on two or three day job with him. That and she always slept better knowing he was in the same room as her. Levy yawned and smiled noticing he had a book in his hand. You fell asleep reading.

Gajeel shifted in his sleep and he almost fell out of the chair, which woke him. He mumbled something before looking at Levy. She smiled at him and he looked away bitterly, "I'm glad you're alright, shrimp." he said after a few moments.

"I had to be saved again, though." she whispered thinking about it. What else would they have done to her if Gajeel hadn't shown up when he did? Would she be dead this morning, instead of looking at the Iron Dragon Slayer? Levy sighed and rolled over, which hurt her. She couldn't look him in the face any longer, all she ever did was get in trouble. Trouble he had to get her out of.

"Levy," Gajeel said. The tone in his voice wasn't playful like it was before. It was soft and caring, a side of Gajeel Levy never really met but on a few occasions. "You aren't weak." he put the book on the bedside table. "You've saved my ass so many times."

Levy looked back at Gajeel and he was smiling at her. Their eyes met and she could see the love and compassion in them. His red eyes weren't hiding a thing from her anymore. Gajeel Redfox loved her, and he wasn't afraid to tell her. Levy understood that now.

"I love you." he whispered. He leaned into the bed a little and kissed her.

Levy's heart raced as she returned the kiss. The pain meant nothing to her in that moment. She sat up a little so she could lean in more.

"I love you too," she spoke between breaths once they pulled apart.

"Gihihi." Gajeel smiled.

Levy blushed slightly and smiled brightly. She relaxed back in the bed, because she started noticing the pain again. "Thank you, Gajeel."

"For what?" he asked.

"Saving me."

Gajeel smirked at her, "I wasn't going to let anyone keep my shrimp." that made Levy blush brighter and smile even more. "Now get your rest."

Levy stared up at the Fairy Hills sign and sighed. "You really moved all of my things back in here while I was in recovery?" she said looking at Gajeel and Lucy.

Gajeel smirked, "You could always go look." he said. Levy glared at him slightly then walked up to the building and opened the door. Lucy followed her but Gajeel stayed outside.

Levy took her key from Lucy and stepped inside. She smiled seeing all her books and thing in place. "Wow, you guys have them organized correctly and everything!" she smiled and walked through her room more. Around her bed she always kept her favorite books in a small chest. It was missing. "Wait, where is my small chest?"

"Go ask Gajeel. I just moved what he told me to, it wasn't fun." Lucy replied with a frown. Levy walked out and Lucy followed. Levy locked her door and the two walked outside. Lucy had a hint of a smile on her face when the two parted.

Levy came out of Fairy Hills with Lucy behind her. Levy was in front so Lucy waved to Gajeel and walked away to go meet Natsu. Levy glared at Gajeel. "Where is it?!" she questioned him quickly.

Gajeel smirked, "Where's what?" he countered her question with his own.

"My chest of books. I know you know where it is. You're the only person I ever told about it." she crossed her small arms in front of her chest.

"Gihi," Gajeel smiled at her and picked her up. "Come on, shorty." he carried her across Magnolia.

"Gajeel put me down!" Levy wasn't really being a pain to carry, she just didn't want him holding her over his shoulder so she couldn't really see where they were going.

When Gajeel finally put Levy down, it was in front of his own door. "Here." he handed her a key. "Unlock it."

Levy looked up at him then at the door. She walked to it and unlocked it then pushed the door open. There in front of the door sat her chest of books. It was closed. "Why is it here?" she asked him.

Gajeel gently pushed her inside and closed the door behind him, "It's here because I didn't want all of your books here. There were too many. Then when we were moving your things into Fairy Hills, I remembered you talking about your chest of your most favorite books. You're going to live here with me, Levy."

Levy blushed but turned to him, "What if I don't want to live here?"

Gajeel was a bit shocked at her reply and he blushed, "I mean if you want to." he scratched his head.

Levy smiled and hugged him. Gajeel smiled and hugged her back. When Levy pulled back a bit to look at him their eyes met. Gajeel leaned down a little while Levy got on her toes and they kissed.

"I would love to live here with you, Gajeel." she said once they pulled from the kiss.

"Good, because if I couldn't convince you with the one chest, I was going to resort to moving all the books here." he rested his head on Levy's shoulder. "And when Lily and I are gone on a job that you aren't tagging along on, you can stay at Fairy Hills with all of your friends so I know you're safe."

"That sounds good." Levy kissed his cheek and he kissed her neck softly.

"I love you, Levy McGarden." he whispered picking her up.

"I love you too, Gajeel Redfox." she whispered back, just before their lips met again.