Chapter 4

Here is chapter 4 friends! Thank you to everyone who has been commenting, following, and favoriting this story! It means so much to me and keeps me motivated :)

TW: there is mentions of blood/bleeding and slight gore in this chapter, just as a fair warning. Thank you!

———————

'Oh my god.. I must be dreaming.. this can't be real'

'There is no way a giant robot is standing in front of me right now.. I must be losing my mind!'

When the robot made a move closer to her, suddenly Grace yelped, 'Nope! Nope! Nope! Definitely not dreaming!'

She quickly stood up and made a run for it; the only thing she could think to do. She didn't get far before the robot chased her, catching up in a matter of seconds and stomping his foot in front of her, making her scream and tumble to the ground.

Barricade smirked at the human's response, he could tell she was scared out of her mind.

Grace was covering her face with her hands; 'oh my god what do I do.. what does it want.. I can't run.. I'll just have to be brave and face it head on..'

She slowly looked up to stare into the robot's red eyes, piercing down at her like it was the devil itself staring her down.

"What do you want?!" She yelled, her voice almost wavered but she caught herself, 'Do NOT show fear Grace. You can't.'

She focused on trying to control her breathing, she wouldn't get out of this if she was panicking.

'Trying to put on a brave composure. How cute.' Barricade thought to himself.

"Tell me fleshling," He would slowly build up, figure out her lies from her truths, "What is your designation?" His voice was deep and rough, for the intimidating factor. He already knew her name of course, but had to get the initial feel for how truthful she was.

'Designation? What does that mean?! Maybe it was asking for her name?'

"Why should I tell you that?!" She kept her voice loud and clear.

He took a step towards her and she felt herself tense up, "Let me ask again." His voice went down an octave and he engaged his melee weapon; it didn't start spinning, it was nearly a fear tactic.

'Oh my god.. what the hell is going on..' Grace swallowed hard as she stared at the weapon before saying, "Okay! Okay! It's Grace! Grace Witwicky."

"What do you want from me?!"

'Truthful but demanding, instead of whining and pleading. Interesting.' Barricade took another step towards her, planning to pin her against the pillar a few feet behind her so there was nowhere for her to go. "Tell me where Sam Witwicky is."

Grace's eyes widened slightly; 'Sam?! Why did this robot want to know where Sam was?! She didn't even know where Sam was.'

"Why should I do that?" Not that she knew, but she wasn't going to give this thing any answers if she could help it.

He pointed his melee weapon right at her and she reflexively covered her face with her hands. "I do not like repeating myself, human." He growled.

'Could this somehow be linked to why Sam and her parents disappeared? Were they in trouble like she is right now?'

'Maybe cooperate and he'll let me go? No.. why should I tell him anything?! I don't even know where Sam is regardless!'

"I have no idea where he is! He and my parents disappeared!" Was the honest truth, but Barricade wasn't buying it.