CHAPTER 27 ~ The Past Part 2

Start from the beginning

"What are you saying?" Sky's voice, a blend of pain and confusion, pierces through the room.

The echoes of Drago's rage reverberate through Sky's consciousness. His hands tighten around her throat, a brutal grip that slams her head against the unforgiving door, demanding answers in a tempest of violence.

"There shouldn't be anyone with your ability. I've made sure of that." His words, laced with frustration and confusion, punctuate the assault. The world around Sky dissolves into a disorienting haze as the lack of air becomes a relentless assailant.

"How are you alive?! ANSWER ME!" Drago's demand pierces the fading shadows, a desperate plea for an explanation that eludes reason. The boundaries of reality blur as everything turns white, a spectral void swallowing her consciousness whole.

In the relentless grip of unconsciousness, Sky hears her name as if carried on ethereal whispers. Gradually, awareness dawns anew, and she finds herself cradled in the present timeline. Her eyes flutter open, the soft glow of the room revealing the concerned faces of Jaxon and Carter, their watchful eyes a lifeline tethering her to the tangible reality of the present.

"Sky," Jaxon's voice, laced with worry, reaches her ears as she blinks back into consciousness. The room, bathed in the soft glow of dim light, offers a stark contrast to the harrowing encounter with Drago.

Her eyes slowly adjust, taking in the reassuring sight of her present surroundings – the familiar room, the watchful eyes of the two brothers, and the tangible sense of relief that she has returned from the abyss of the past.

Her breaths escape her like fragments of a lingering nightmare. As she props herself up, a dull ache pulsates through her head, leaving her vulnerable and shaken.

"What happened?" she utters weakly, seeking clarity in the hazy aftermath of unconsciousness. Carter raises an eyebrow, feigning innocence, "I don't know, you tell us. You were out. We almost thought we had too much blood." Jaxon joins in with a chuckle, "Carter was insanely worried." A playful hit from Carter follows, punctuating their camaraderie.

As their banter fills the room, Sky's worry deepens, the fog of confusion slowly lifting.

This is bad. This is really really bad. Drago saw me. He saw me and he knows I went back in the past. If what Annabelle said is true and I can influence the past it means everything that happened effected the future.

"Sky?" Carter's voice cuts through her internal tumult, bringing her back to the present. "I'm sorry... I-" she begins, her gaze dropping to her half-ripped, blood-drenched clothes. A blush tinges her cheeks as she hastily grabs a pillow, an instinctive attempt to shield herself from the residual vulnerability of shared intimacy. "Oh my god..." she murmurs, her internal landscape a tumult of emotions, memories, and the lingering echoes of a journey through time.

Carter wears a nervous smile as he recalls the taste of Sky's blood, a sensation that lingers in the air like a bittersweet memory. The heat and sweetness of that first encounter with her essence play on his mind, a moment etched in the depths of his vampire senses.

Sky, her flushed cheeks betraying a mix of emotions, gazes up at Carter. In the subtle exchange of glances, unspoken echoes of shared intimacy reverberate in the room. Jaxon, leaning down, surprises Sky with a tender kiss on her cheek, his words a whispered confession. "Sharing you like that... Seeing how you enjoyed yourself... it really got me excited." A laugh of embarrassment escapes Sky as she rises from the bed.

"I should go take a shower," she declares, the need for a moment of solitude apparent in her hurried movements. As she steps towards the bathroom, the soft click of the room door echoes behind her. Turning around, Sky realizes that neither Carter nor Jaxon linger in the room anymore, leaving her alone with her thoughts.