Dressed in elegant attire, Lauren and Camila strolled hand in hand down the bustling streets, their laughter blending with the city's vibrant energy. The soft glow of streetlights illuminated their path, creating a romantic atmosphere, they just had ice cream from their favorite shop, and having a walk in the park.

"Did you hear about Ava's math homework disaster? You supposedly helped her, but she ended up with a big fat zero," Camila teased, trying to hold back her laughter.

"No way! You're joking, right?" Lauren gasped in disbelief. "Actually, no joke. Her teacher emailed me about it, and now she has to redo it with some extra work," Camila replied, unable to contain her amusement.

"Your daughter is not happy with you. You might want to make it up to her," Camila continued, laughing at Lauren's predicament.

"I won't, and it wasn't even me who helped her. David did it," Lauren defended herself.

"Yeah, sure. Tell that to Ava," Camila said, as they strolled through the park. They found a bench under the trees, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. The night was calm, surrounded by the soothing sounds of nature.

"So, what's the real reason you took me out on a date tonight?" Camila asked, sensing that Lauren wouldn't do something like this spontaneously.

Through out the years Camila learned something about Lauren, her wife is not at all romantic, rarely she will be, but again what makes her love her more she is trying her best to be, she put efforts in anniversaries, especially birthdays, occasionally she even beat her in gifts, unlike Camila always struggles to bring something for her, it feels like they have everything.

" You want the honest answer, or?" Lauren asked glancing at her wife, " What are you planning to lie to me? of course i want to know the real answer"

" Dinah told me she overheard you and Normani talking, So i thought of taking a week off just to spend some time with you" Lauren said,

"Also coming to think of it, Me too I've missed this. It feels like it's been ages since we had a proper date night." Lauren said, kissing the hand of her wife, " Yeah, it's nice isn't it? it's great too your not working tomorrow morning"

" I'm thankful, still the last trip exhausted the shit out of me, dealing with old men keeps getting harder and harder" Lauren exclaimed, ""How about a beach vacation? Just us, relaxing," Lauren suggested, already enchanted by the idea, " Yeah and leave the kids to burn down the house"

" They're not kids Camz, they can handle themselves, better yet let them stay at Nominah's. We deserve a break, we aren't getting younger " Lauren replied, " Talk about yourself, i'm doing good still young and fresh"

" Of course you are" Lauren said pulling her wife closer to her chest, as they walked.

" Since your already taking a week off, and the kids will be starting their spring break next week, Normani and I thought we could go to the beach house this weekend to unwind, and relax" Camila suggested, "Whatever you want love, but staying there for how long? " Lauren asked with a raised eyebrow, considering the length of the proposed getaway.

"Just four or five days. I think we all need it, to disconnect from the city and enjoy the nature," Camila replied, hoping to persuade Lauren to consider. She yearned for a change of scenery and a break from their routine.

Lauren pondered for a moment, thinking about her packed schedules, she did take a week off but she thought she could at least work home in her office "It might be a bit challenging. There are some pending online meetings, I have to attend."

Camila shot her head up, glancing at her, " What online meetings? either you fully take a break from work or don't bother. We don't need you we will go by ourselves Thanks"