Chapter 35

The third wheel is Lucas, right? That's the plan but something is not clicking when it's more like Lucas and Max' friendship day.

"Anak ng. Itapon mo doon sa malayo! Walang isda sa gilid baka makain pa ng anak ko ang pain mo." Sermon ni Max kay Lucas na may hawak na fishing rod.

"I don't know! I'm not a fisherman!" Reklamo ni Lucas at itinapon sa malayo ang pain.

"Ayon. May lakas naman pala. Pinakain na kita ng breakfast tapos wala kang energy." Palatak pa ni Max.

"Shut up. I'll feed you this fish bait instead." Lucas hissed.

Oh, no. Lucas is starting a word fight, he's not gonna win against Max, Chanel's thought.

"Mukha lang akong mermaid na gwapo pero hindi ako kumakain ng pagkaing isda. Ikaw na lang tutal shokoy ka naman sa Maldives." 

"Shut up! The fish won't come close because you're too loud." Reklamo ni Lucas.

"Starla, kiss me 'ko. I'm too loud daw." Baling sa kanya ni Max. Naglalambing.

"Yucks! Is that how you got Chanel? That's too childish." Pang-aasar ni Lucas.

"Kasi baby niya ako. Di mo kasi relate kasi damulag ka." Bato ni Max kay Lucas pabalik.

Napailing na lang si Chanel dahil sa walang tigil na asaran ng dalawa. Nakaupo lang siya sa ilalim ng maliit na puno habang si Chana ay nasa kandungan niya natutulog. Hindi naman madumi ang paa nito dahil hindi naman niya pinaapak sa lupa. 

She stared at the peaceful lake with their ducks scattered around the area. Everything screams peace, minus the two loud men arguing on the side. This was she wished for. It was delayed a bit maybe because it wasn't the right time yet and this time it feels so right that she feels like this is just a dream.

After their break up, she realize many things. Max will not always be there and relationship is not full of stars. Max or you favorite person can be gone from your side with or without reason. Mawawala pa rin sila kahit na gaano niyo kamahal ang isa't-isa because love? It's not enough in a relationship to work.

Opposite attracts, that's what most people love to talk about. The thrill and excitement is there but it's actually a pain in disguise because your difference with your partner, especially the principle, believes and future perspective. That's what happened between her and Max, kahit na gaano nila kamahal ang isa't-isa but their principle and perspective is different, love alone can't make their relationship works.

But the works of love, which changes your perception, makes you realize what's good for the both of you, helps each other to grow and improve and be each others strength, can overcome those barricades to make their relationship works.

Max wants the best for her and hates that she's in pain so she promised to take care of herself to avoid that. And she wants to be with Max through up and downs, in poverty and prosperity, and in hardship and in comfort, and she hope Max will compromised to that.

As she was saying earlier that Max will not always be there, so she promised to love him everyday as if it's the last. And she should not be upset if there are darkness in relationship because she shouldn't forget that stars shine more in darkness. They needed to be strong for each other in times of hardship.

Napakurap siya nang maramdaman ang pagdampi ni Max ng halik sa labi niya. She glanced at Lucas but the he's not there anymore. Seems like he went home already.

"Sorry, hindi kita masyadong napansin kanina." Max said and kiss her multiple times.

She smiled when the kiss stop.