Chapter 19

"Dad, why can't I declare for holiday? Si Kuya Quatro nga pinayagan mo." Reklamo niya.

"Sweetheart, pinagbigyan ko si Quatro dahil kaya niyang maging gardener. For sure you can't---"

"Dad, I can do everything. Gardening is easy peasy!"

Natahimik ang kabilang linya. His Dad were still abroad. Nabalitaan naman niya na umuwi daw kaagad ang Tito Spade dahil may emergency.

"In Saturday you'll be handling the garden." His Dad challenged.

"Deal." Tanggap niya sa hamon nito.

"Wow... Are you really my daughter?" paninigurado nito.

She can't help but to roll her eyes. It's not like she's total brat that doesn't touch soil. They were trained in Hiraeth how to handle garden. It's not a hard challenge.

"So, deal? Holiday today?" Paninigurado niya.

It's still six am. Nasa bahay pa siya naghahanda but she's excited na sa date nila mamayang gabi that she wants to pamper herself for the day.

Her Dad groaned problematically on the other line.

"Anong rason na naman ang gagamitin ko?"

"Tell them academic break. I saw the student's faces and they look stress, they deserve a break." It's not a lie, she's telling the truth, nakita niya talaga na nahihirapan ang mga students.

Lucky her and Hiraeth girls, they were homeschooled. They had their own professors. Kompleto sila sa kagamitan, especially for Harley, who took the course Cardiology. She had five doctors teaching her. Mostly Hiraeth girls took Business. That's the main source of money of the Benjamins aside from their old money.

"Fine. Fine. Anything for my daughter." His father gave up.

She giggled in success.

"Thanks, Dad! I love you!"

She decided to text Max to inform him.

Chanel:

No class for today, it's holiday!

Usualy Max instantly replies. Five pa lang ay gising na ito and he usually text her first, at mukhang natagalan ito ngayon so she decided to call him.

After three rings, he picked up.

"Mal?" He welcomed with a hoarse voice.

She bit her lips as she felt something just by hearing his voice.

"H-hey! Good morning, you were still sleeping?"

"Hmm? Anong oras na ba---6?! Hala late na ako, Mal." Natatarantang saad ni Max at nakarinig pa siya ng kalabog.

"Hey, careful! Did you fall from the bed?" She asked worriedly.

"Oo. Sorry. Napuyat kasi ako kagabi." Max said.

She sighed heavily. Max is working extra hard, huh. She wanted to tell him to take care of himself, to prioritized his health first but she knew Max is already used to that kind of living at kailangan nito.

"Don't overwork yourself, please." Malambing na bilin niya.

"Huwag kang mag-alala. Si Supermax ako." She can imagine Max smirking.

Napailing na lang siya. He' so unserious talaga.

"There's no class so we can rest." She informed him.