Chapter 6

Namula ang pisngi ng lalaking kaharap niya. Is he shy ba? As he should ha! Because his Kuya’s are around and grinning on what she said? Well, except for Kuya Uno, Kuya Tres and Kuya Hover who remained serious. And it’s true naman, ah! At least for her because that’s what she believes before and might as well stand on her idealism.

What if she’s right? And what if she’s really just assuming just like Hermes said? Hindi nga siya pinapansin ni Max! Urgh! This is annoying.

“Ano ‘yan, Snowbear? Para-paraan?” Cinco smirked teasing the man in front of her.

Mas lalong nagblush si Max. Nagtitigan sila nito. She raised her brow at him while there’s a suppress smirk on his lips. But the wickedness on her eyes is so visible that he understood her behavior. His eyes slightly squinted to glare at her, but so slight that only her can notice.

“Kailangan mo munang manghingi ng permisi sa Kuya oi.” Dos smirked.

W-wait. Nakikisali na ang mga Kuya niya. This is not getting good.

“Pinagsibak ka na ba ng kahoy, Chanel Hope?” Striktong tanong ni Tres habang pinaglaruan ang baril nito.

Shit! Chanel your plan just backfired! Nasali ka na sa hotseat na dapat kay Max lang! Kuya Tres has spoken and wha more if it’s his...

Kuya Uno stood up to face Max.

Dapat si  Max ang kinakabahan but she inhaled all the nervous in the air.

"Cheap stunt but I was impressed. Yet I believe my sister deserves more than that.” Uno said in serious tone.

You’re so dumb, Chanel Hope! This is what you’ve got for being so papansin kay Max! No wonder why Benjamin should really stay out of Sebastian’s lane and vice versa, because Benjamin and Sebastian in one room is trouble.

“What do you mean, Kuya?” She tried to speak but Kuya Uno motioned his hand to stop her.

She look at Max to ask for tulong on how they can hanap a lusot on this situation. Mas lalo lang siyang kinakabahan because of his heavy stares!

“I want you to marry my sister, Max Sebastian.”

Her eyes widen on that. Even Max’ eyes. They knew they’re doomed by her stupid stunt.

“Uhm, I think you guys got wrong.” Hakob awkwardly laugh because of the heavy tension.

Naglakad ito papalapit sa kanila at pumagitna kay Uno at Max.

"Kuya Max is here because I asked him a favor to replace me as a waiter tonight. He’s just doing his job.” Hakob defended Max.

“Naks, apaka-sipag mo naman pala, bayaw!” Dos teased.

Namula siya sa tukso ng Kuya niya. He’s just probably fooling around. They pretty much know na Sebastian and Benjamin as lovers is a big no. And also he knew about her past with Max as a balut vendor.

“Gusto niyo ba ng tubig?” Max asked to change the topic.

And everything went normal again as if nothing happened. Nagtitigan pa sila ni Max ng isang beses and she just rolled her eyes and left.

She needs air! Nakaka-suffocate palang magpapansin and mapapahiya. Gosh.

So, what if Max is ignoring her? Why is she mad? Maybe because she’s really eager to have friends because she’s been lock up with her family? It’s only Hiraeth, family, and shoppig also. And remembering talking with Max on the yacht, she feels like just an ordinary person because. Because kaya siya nitong asarin, kahit nakaka-inis, unlike other man who’s good to her because they only want one thing from her. They wanna marry her for her name, for their business.