16 𝘭𝘭 𝘚𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥

Everyone stood in the middle of the cell block, the men put on armor from the dead walker guard, Carl placed his hat on Alice's head and she blinked as Carl put the helmet on, taking it off and smiling at her. Alice tilted her head in confusion and took his hat off, holding it. She looked up and saw Lori with a hand on the railing of the second floor, looking down at them.

 "You won't be needing that." Rick tells Carl, the boy taking the helmet off and putting his hat back on. "Need you to stay put." "Your kidding?" Carl scoffed at him, Alice scowled at Rick and went to walk upstairs to Lori. Rick looked over at Alice and sighed, bittersweetly. 

"We don't know what's in there. Something goes wrong, you could be the last one standing. Plus, you're keeping her grounded. You gotta stay with her." Rick added, referring to Alice Carl looked up and saw Alice walk to his mom and hold onto her hand, he chewed his lip and nodded. "Sure." Rick turned around and Nancy hugged Beth as a bye, adjusting the gun on her harness and taking 

Maggie's hand to follow their father out the door. "Great, let's go." Carl closed the door and Alice watched them walk away, holding onto Lori tightly.

 ~~ 

 Rick inspected the dark hall way with his flash light, walker and human bodies scattered everywhere. Nancy stood behind Maggie, gun in hand as everyone carried flash lights, walking slowly. Glenn and Nancy went to the walls and grabbed the spray paint, marking territory they already explored as done. 

Daryl and Rick led the ground, Daryl holding his cross bow and Rick with the largest flash light, Nancy and Glenn continued to mark walls. They moved further down the hall way, going into another direction. As they walked forward, Rick spotted a large group of prisoners that were walkers and backed up as the growled and hissed. 

"Go back! Go back!" Rick whisper-shouted, making everyone turn around and run the opposite direction. "This way!" They ran and turned into another direction, running into another group of walkers. Maggie shrieked and Glenn grabbed her arm, pulling her back. "Go, go, go!" He ushered and ran the opposite way. 

 "Glenn, Maggie! Come on!" Nancy panicked and motioned for them as she stayed close to Daryl. They ran down the hall way and another herd came by, cutting off Glenn and Maggie. The four men and Nancy crouched down in a smaller hall way, holding the flash light. "Where's Glenn and Maggie?" Rick whispered.

 "They got cut off back there, made it into a door." Nancy informed, scared out of her mind. "We have to go back." Hershel says to them sternly. "Nancy, which way?" Rick asked her, she was still shaken up. "This way, I think." She said and led them down another hall way. They separated partially, Nancy walking with Hershel, calling out for Maggie. 

"Maggie? Mag!" Hershel whispered as he held the flash light. "Maggie!" Nancy added as she walked next to Hershel, a dead walker against the wall. Suddenly, it hissed and grabbed Nancy's leg, making her shriek. 

Hershel pushed her down harshly and the walker grabbed onto Hershel instead, sinking its teeth into his calf. "Daddy!" Nancy screamed and fell down, tearing up in shock and fear. She crawled forward and tried to pull him off, Rick stormed in and shot the walker, Nancy now in tears. 

 "Daddy!" She panicked and held his hand as Maggie and Glenn rushed forward, finding their way back. "Daryl!" Rick says and motions Daryl to shoot at the herd, Maggie panicked and  helped Nancy up, as Rick and T-Dogg helped a screaming Hershel. 

They moved back down an empty hall way, rushing as the herd of walkers followed them. Daryl was far behind, holding them off as T-Dogg broke off a lock of a door, everyone rushing into the cafeteria. "Shut the door!" Rick yelled as they laided Hershel onto the ground. Nancy rested Hershel's head on her lap and cried, holding his head.