18 𝘭𝘭 𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵

Alice looked down, little to no emotion on her face as Glenn held onto her hand. Maggie held the crying infant as Daryl tried to get ahold of Rick, who was spacing out. Maggie lets Carl hold his new baby sister and Carl's instincts kick in immediately, taking care of the infant just as he had promised his mom. "Let me see the baby." Hershel says to them.

"What we gon' feed 't?" Daryl asked as they walked over to Hershel, Glenn pulling on Alice's hand to get her attention. Her eyes were red and her hair was messy, she sniffled and nodded, letting go and following Carl. "We got anythin' a baby can eat?" Daryl added.

Hershel looked down, pulling the blanket downwards a bit to inspect the crying infant. "The good news is, she looks healthy. And soon or she won't survive." Hershel firmly says to them.

"Nope. Not her. We ain't loosin' anyone else. I'm goin' for a run." Daryl says and puts the cross over his shoulder. "I'll back you up." Maggie suddenly says. "If she's goin', then I am to." Nancy nodded in agreement. "I'll go to." Glenn spoke.

"Okay. Think where we goin'. Beth." Daryl says and pulls Beth to the side. "You two get the fence. To many pile up, we got ourselves a problem." Daryl says with a firm nod.

"Glenn, Nancy, Maggie. Vamnos." Daryl added and Nancy immediately followed as Rick suddenly picks up his knife, running into the prison. "Uncle Rick!" Alice panicked with a frown as Carl put a hand on her shoulder.

She pressed her lips together and nodded, walking over to Beth and Hershel to tend to a crying infant.

"There's a piggly wiggly on 85." Glenn informs as they all jog to the car. "Nope, cleared out." Nancy replied with a sigh. She liked how Daryl was leading all them, despite everything that happened with Lori. Being with Daryl made her feel safe.

"Lori asked us to keep an eye out. We haven't had much luck." Maggie breaths with a firm nod. "Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" Daryl asked with an annoyed look. Nancy shared a look with Glenn, wondering if he knew anything at all. "Yeah, we saw signs for a shopping center just north of here." Glenn suddenly said.

"No, there's to much dauber on the road, a car will never get through there." Maggie sighed and opened the car door. "I can take one of ya." Daryl hummed. "Nance." He says and pulls on her arm so he could talk to her.

"Look, after everythin' ya gotta stay here, Beth 'nd Hershel can't keep things level. Need ya to look out." Daryl says gently to her. He wanted her safe at the prison, he'd never say that to her face.

"What? Daryl, no-" she tried to protest. "I'm not arguin' with ya, Nance. Just stay here." He says to her. Nancy looked at him in disbelief. He couldn't really be serious, could he? She felt so hurt by his words.

Nancy looked at him in disbelief. He couldn't really be serious, could he? She felt so hurt by his words.

"Look, Nance..." he started, trying to find the words. "I know ya can handle yerself. But I just... I can' risk losin' more of our group. Please, stay here." Daryl pleaded.

Nancy felt tears welling up in her eyes. She hated how much she hurt when Daryl acted like this. "Fine." She said through gritted teeth, turning away from him.

Daryl sighed in relief as he watched her walk back to the prison. He hated having to push her away like that, but he knew it was for the best.

Later

The wind swept over Alice's blond hair as she stood in the empty field, lost in her own thoughts. She held onto Lori's locket, feeling completely and utterly empty inside. The pain of losing her mother figure still lingered in her heart and in her mind, and she felt like she had cried so hard she ran out of tears. She hated that feeling, like all the joy and life had been drained from her and there was nothing left inside.