ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴀᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴘᴛ. 2 | P.J

𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓: Y/n has a huge crush on percy and everyone knows it, she finds out he likes her best friend...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

—PREVIOUSLY—

"Can i ask you one more question," he said breaking the silence.

I didn't answer, so he took it as a yes and that made him continue speaking.

He didn't wait for me to say anything back. He just got straight to the point.

"Do you have feelings for me?"

———

I get tensed for a moment then relaxed.

"Not anymore..." I mutter an answer.

i brush his hand off my shoulder and walk straight to my cabin.

——

He was heartbroken by the answer. The pain of rejection crept up on him like a cold knife plunging into his heart. All those times he spent with her and he had thought those feelings were mutual. What was he supposed to do now? He was so confused. He had no choice but to let you go. He couldn't force you to feel that way but it hurt like crazy.

He stood up and was about to turn around to walk back to his cabin but one thought stopped him in his tracks. He couldn't leave you like this. He had to make sure you were okay.

He decided to go you to your cabin, and when he got there, he did the secret knock on your door to make sure you knew it was him.

The door remained closed and after a minute or two. He knocked again and this time he heard rustling inside like someone was going to the door.

Finally, he heard the latch of the lock and the hinges of the door and the door slowly creaked open and there was you...

Once you saw him you quickly closed the door and he didn't want to force his way in, he felt awful that you didn't even want to see him. But he couldn't just let you shut him out like this. Your response to his question seemed fake to him, he thought you were lying because he believed in his heart that there was still a chance you did had feelings for him. So he pressed on and talked through the door. "Can I just talk to you for a minute?"

You sigh. After a few seconds you opened the door again. "Come in," I let him in and closed the door behind him.

He sighed a breath of relief when he saw you open the door. The two of you were now alone together.

A deep silence filled the air, neither one of you spoke. Everything felt awkward, the tension was thick. Neither one of you knew what to say. You were both waiting for the other to speak first.

The silence became so loud it was deafening. Both of you were just staring at each other trying to figure out the right words to say. It felt like hours had passed but really only minutes had. Finally, he was the one who couldn't take it anymore so he spoke. "Why did you lie to me just now?"

We had a distance between each other.

"Lie about what," I asked knowing what i lied about.

He gave you a concerned look. "You know... when I asked you if you had feelings for me. You said no but I know that you were lying. I heard it in your voice, and you avoided answering me whenever i asked about liking someone, didn't you?"