s2 ep3

It's the next day and everyone's at school, taking some test, I'm still not back at school so I sit in the chateau thinking about everything that happened last night, I've still not spoke to jj yet and I don't know what to do.

My outfit-

I wait till they get home from school but get a text from kie telling me to meet them at the library so I get there as soon as I can

I wait till they get home from school but get a text from kie telling me to meet them at the library so I get there as soon as I can. "Hey what's up, I got your text" I shout walking in but the woman at the desk shushes me and I jump back. "Rude" I shout and walk over to kie and the others. "Pope got taken out of class by this guy" kie explains as I sit next to her. "That guy was from the scholarship comitee" Pope says "take a look at this, read it" Pope says handing jj a letter. "Out loud" kie says and jj looks at it for a second. "I can't read cursive" he says and kie rolls her eyes snatching it off him and reading it. 

"Dear Mr heyward, I am reaching out because I have material evidence that can exonerate John b routledge. It is of vital importance that you come meet me in person at my offices at 27 Kings street, cahrleston at 8pm sharp tonight, please come alone, regards C.Limbrey" kie finishes reading it. "Charleston?" I ask. "Yeah it's like an 8 hour drive, how would we get there tonight plus the ferry" Pope says. "We would have to leave like right now" jj says. "I have a free period" kie says. "Material evidence what does that even mean material evidence" jj mumbles. "It means he can clear John b" kie explains.

"Oh shit then we are going to charleston?" Jj shouts and the lady shushes him. "You shush, why are your shushes so loud" I shout at her and she scoffs at me."Look if we get it this time we aren't giving it to shoupe" kie says and we all nod. "What?" I say as Pope groans. "Sorry I didn't get much sleep last night, what's happened?" I ask more nicely. "I'm not sure, but I think whoever this limbrey person is, they might be related to the captain of the royal merchant." Pope says and all our Jaws drop.

Jj pov-

"Hey what's up I got your text?" Kayla shouts walking into the library and the woman at the desk shushed her and she jumped which was funny. "Rude" kayla says walking over to us and sitting beside me and kie. She looked really good today, that pink really suited her, I could hardly keep my eyes off her. I keep thinking back to last night, I shouldn't have shouted at her, she was just trying to help me, she didn't know.

Kie reads the letter that Pope got in class out loud. "Charleston?" Kayla questions from beside me. "Yeah, it's like an 8 hour drive how would we get there tonight, plus the ferry" Pope says. "We would have to leave like right now" I say. "I have a free period" kie says. "Material evidence, what does that even mean material evidence?" I ask. "It means he can clear John b" kie explains.

"Oh shit, then we're going to charleston" I shout a little too loud and the librarian shushes me. "You shush, why are your shushes so loud?" Kayla shouts back at the lady and she scoffs turning away since kaylas right. "Look if we get it this time, we aren't giving it to shoupe" kie says and we all nod. "What?" Kayla says bluntly after Pope groans. "Sorry I didn't get much sleep last night, what happened?" She asks.  Wait where did she ven sleep last night, not at the chateau, not at popes or kies or my place, she must have gone back to her house. "I'm not sure but I think whoever this limbrey person is, they might be related to the captain of the royal merchant" Pope says and our jaws drop.

We drive in popes dads truck to kies house and she tries to convince her parents to let her go as we sit in the car waiting for her. "They're taking it really well" jj says sarcastically. "Mhmm" I reply. "How'd you get this rig cus I know your old man didn't let you have it" jj asks Pope. "I undid the intake values on the carburetor. Made it start pinging." Pope starts. "And now your just gonna take it to your cousin Jeff's house, just gonna get it fixed" jj says. "Crash overnight" they both say in unison.

"I think im rubbing off on tou Pope, lying to your old man, stealing his truck, kinda sounds familiar" jj says and Pope gives hima death stare "Alright, that's a sore subject, my bad" jj says. "I'd say we have about 18 hours before he absolutely loses his shit, so along as we have it back before then, I think we're good. Kiara gets in the car and somehow I end up inbetween her and jj and I'm practically sitting on jjs lap. "Great this is great" I say. "This shit would be so much easier without parents" kiara says and I think about it for a second before nodding.

On the way to the ferry, jj whispers in my ear "I need to talk to you" he whispers. "Right now?" I whisper back. "Good point, I'll wait till we get on the ferry" he says and I nod. "Yeah" I whisper.

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen" kiara says after we get on the ferry. "Hey I hear they got good weed at boarding school though" jj says. "I'm not going to boarding school, they're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, throw me in a van." Kie says and jj gets out the truck and pulls my arm so we are on the otherside of the truck.

"I'm sorry" he says "I shouldn't have called you a kook after you helped us out and helped me out, I'm sorry" he repeats and I smile. "And I'm sorry for not listening to you and doing what you told me exactly not to do" I say and he smiles. "Friends again" he sticks out his hand and I shake it "friends". I think we both know that we are more then friends now though, if his dad didn't shout him, we would have kissed last night.

"Guys I've read this thing like a thousand times, it doesn't make any sense" kie says as we are off the ferry and back in the truck. Back on jj's lap great. Didn't I tell them I was claustrophobic the other day and now they're giving me the least amount of room, convenient. "I mean, the limbreys own like half of charleston, what do the kook Kings of charleston know about a murder on kildare Island. "Why you specifically, that's the other thing?" Jj asks Pope. "Please come alone, that's hella sus" kie says. "I was hiking the same thing, I think it's because-" pope starts but we hear a noise and then steam comes out of the trucks bonnet. "Oh come on!" Pope shouts. "Whats that? Pull over" kie says. "That's alot of smoke, even for your dad's truck" kie says.

"Pope I got sensitive lungs man" I shout whilst coughing. "Pope slow down" jj says as Pope rapidly drives to the side of the road and a wheel falls off. Jj wraps his arm around my waist since I've got no seat belt and we suddenly stop bumping. "No, no, no, no" Pope says getting out and jj gets me out. "Kie quick it's gonna blow up, it's gonna blow up" I shout grabbing her arm and yanking her out. "No its not gonna blow up" jj says. "You probably unhooked the radiator pope" jj says "I haven't seen this before, you knocked the entire hubcap off" he adds as Pope lifts up the bonet.

"Yeah it's the radiator" jj says looking at the inside of the car. "My dad gonna kill me" Pope says. "Yeah he might, he might" jj replies. We stop at this mechanics place and me and kie split the price of the damages since I have my dad's credit card and he deserves it. Then we stop in a random field to get some sleep for the night.

"Good night guys" pope says and out of the corner of my eye I see kie kiss his cheek. "Night" she says. "Goodnight" I whisper to jj with my head on his chest, this truck really wasn't meant for 4 people. "Night" he replies and we both drift off to sleep.