Tommy wasted no time and outlined the station's current state, detailing the repairs and assessing the impact on their resources. They delved into discussions about security protocols and potential threats. They investigated and learned that the explosion resulted from a power overload; it was unfortunate... but that was the side effect of getting a power supply from a barely able to meet the operational needs of this place; it was no one's fault. The recent power surge exposed vulnerabilities in their system, making the team acutely aware of the potential risks and how they would fix them going forward. 

With his constructional expertise, Cal provided notes for additional safeguards and suggested forming a dedicated engineering team to prevent future disasters. His calm demeanor and strategic thinking impressed the group. He had no desire to replace Kipp, only to assist him. Tommy's fatigue became more apparent as the meeting progressed, but this last part was vital. "Well... as you all know, our leader has been absent; we've had 59 injuries and many casualties... It's unfortunate, but Kori was among them. He would want us to press on, to continue his vision. I know what you're thinking... but I'm not your Chancellor. So... if you have any political experience... it'd be a big help until we can find a replacement." His legs were visibly shaky, and he leaned on the table for support. D1 cut the feed; the station didn't need to see this. The news was delivered. Russell couldn't take it any longer and stepped forward."Tommy, this is ridiculous. You need to go back to medical. The briefing is over; you've done your part," Russell insisted, concern softening his stern expression. Tommy hesitated but eventually relented. "Fine, you win. Wanna be Chancellor?" He joked, and Russell did that fake laugh again, "No... I'm more of an enforcer of policy, not a writer." Tommy finally allowed Cam to guide him out of the room.

Cal stood up and followed the duo out like a little puppy dog. Russell stopped him as he went out the doorway; it was instinctive. He knew nothing about Cal and assumed the bunny was trying to attack, but that would be silly. Russell could see the worry in Cal's eyes, and this one was much bigger than Russell and could easily overpower him, but his restraint was evident; Russell let him pass. "The rest of you can go. I need to talk to Howard." The group disassembled, and everyone feathered out except those Russell needed to see. Russell was eying Howard not with hatred but with empathy. He was clearly upset, "Howard... Howie." Russell quickly corrected. It was the first time he'd used a nickname with Howard; the lightheartedness with Tommy was sucked out of the room, and Russell gripped a tablet. "They finished the man-hunt efforts... and I thought you deserved to know." Russell handed the tablet to Howard. "Is this my rescheduled visitation time?" Howard snickered. Russell could tell that as he read the document on the screen, his smile quickly dissolved as he shot up out of his chair and stammered as his mind found the correct sentences but failed to translate them into speech. "N--No! This isn't true!" 

"I'm sorry... but we confirmed it this morning, the bodies are... there's nothing left of them. The explosion decimated most of the levels of the engineering ring... and some of the command ring, that means that... the prison cells were--"

"No! It's impossible!" Howard cut off, "How can they be dead?! Are you saying Aurora is dead?" Howard asked; his voice went from anger to despair; he was immediately pounded with a shockwave of emotional pain. He was lightheaded as he slumped into his chair. "You... you were supposed to protect them," Howard said weakly; he sounded out of breath. He couldn't get enough air. "I know," Russell said calmly; he approached and tried to give a shoulder touch, but Howard jumped back, scuttling to a nearby wall. "Don't touch me! You're a liar." Howard growled. 

Russell sighed, understanding the pain and frustration Howard was experiencing, on a very personal level. "I'm not lying, Howard. I wish I were. The explosion was devastating, and I know this is hard to accept." Russell's usually stern demeanor softened as he spoke. Howard stared at the tablet, the words on the screen blurring as tears filled his eyes. "No... I can't lose her," he muttered, more to himself than Russell. The realization of the loss hit him like a physical blow, and he slid down the wall, his emotions overwhelming. Russell approached cautiously, his hands open, showing he meant no harm. "I'm truly sorry, Howie. Losing someone is never easy... I understand the pain you're going through." Howard's anger resurfaced. "You were supposed to protect them! This was your station, your responsibility!" His voice trembled with a mix of sorrow and rage.