CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

2weeks later

AMAYRA POV

I can't remember how many times I cried in this house for 9months, they will annoy him at the office and he will come home and drop the bombshell on me, he make me work like a donkey, he didn't even pity me at all, he frighten me but I'll be fine.  It's painful and whatnot but everything happens for a reason.

Currently on my way back home from market, ya Abbas is at work and Arif went to mami for sleep over.

On reaching home I went to the parking lot to park my car.  Ya Abbas car was parked there at the lot.  Which means he came back before me.
I was been anxious, I could remember him telling me I shouldn't be long. I parked and got out.
I entered with salam and saw him sitting at the living

"whats the time?I thought I  made it clear " he said angrily

"Akwai traffic ne" I said not sparing him a glance . akwai traffic ne he mimicked my voice

"what are you still doing, get out of my side" this has always been his favorite phase....

I went to my room prayed and walk to the kitchen and cooked his lunch.
I placed down the warmers at the dinning table, I served him and went back to the kitchen to the kitchen to ate mine as I don't want to do something that will call for an insult from this man.

I decided to walk around the house to get some fresh air.
I sat by the pool and dipped my legs into the pool, I was splashing the water in my face with my leg. Suddenly I spotted a lizard coming towards me, I began to shoo her off.but it continues to come towards me , I had always been scared of lizards.the lizard look at me with beady eyes, as though laughing at me .

I was trying to get my legs out of the pool, when I throw myself completely into it. ...

I  had never swim in my life,  I couldn't save myself ,

ABBAS POV

I was in my room sending some mails from my laptop, when I herd feet tapped excitedly, I beeped through the window and saw Amayra dipped her legs into the pool, she seemed so happy.  " who gave her the right to go to the pool? "that too she looked like someone who has no worries in this world, she  looks comfortable and happy She will pay for it.

I walk to the pool and saw her trying to chase a lizard  and  getting her legs out of the pool when she completely throw herself into it..... I remembered Ashmirah telling me she can't swim

Swimming had always been my hubby, but I don't think I can get her out. What brought her here if she knew she can't swim, she was starting to lose breath, but who cares, she ruined my happy family so deserve nothing but a painful death . Even if she died, I didn't kill her to start with ..

"help me" she said, with the little energy left in her to move around the water

She was slowly given up" help me please "she cried, her breath seizing .
I don't know when I jumped into the pool and luckily I got a hold of her hand.
I bought her out of the pool and lay her down but she wasn't breathing .

Inalillahi, I couldn't react nor move seeing her lifeless. What have I done, I don't think I can forgive myself if something happens to her. How did I became so heartless

Luckily my car keys are in my pocket, I picked her up and gently laid her in and drove to the hospital.

*********
I was so nervous waiting for the doctor to come out, just then eveyone arrived at the hospital

"what happens Abbas how did she get into the pool ?" dady asked, just then the doctor came out.

"how is she? " I asked worriedly

"she's fine Alhamdulillah, you can go see her but she need to rest "

Khadijatoou ❤