Act 6 | Bless Your Dead Little Hearts

Bless Your Dead Little Hearts - Part 1/2

The journey from Baldur's Gate to Waterdeep was a pathetic spectacle, surpassed only by the incompetence of the so-called "crew." The ship swayed on the waves as if deliberately constructed to test my magic. Sailors, some of whom probably couldn't even spell their own names correctly, stumbled around as if they were drunkenly navigating a pub.

The crew seemed to have no inkling whatsoever of who they had on board. I should turn the whole cursed ship into rubble and ashes just to teach them a lesson. These incapable fools actually dared to treat Tissaia De Vries like an ordinary passenger.

I shake my head contemptuously as I enter the harbor. "Typical. You bring a certain class and expertise into this pitiful box, and what do you get? Nothing but ignorance and incompetence." The city walls of Waterdeep in front of me indicate my hometown, but the anger from the insulting voyage pulsates within me.

"Finally back in Waterdeep." I hiss. With a brisk step, I leave the clumsy sailors behind and turn away from their miserable ship. Before me stretches the most magnificent city of the swordcoast, with its majestic towers and mighty walls. The magic of the city envelops me, and I am ready to handle my affairs in my own way.

The sun sets behind the hill, casting Waterdeep in a cozy gold. The roofs shimmer in the last light of the day, as if they have absorbed the sparkle of riches within. The sky above me is painted in warm shades of red, and the stars begin to ignite their delicate lights. A sight that only emphasizes the beauty and splendor of my hometown even more.

Navigating through the harbor district is a true test of patience. The narrow streets are filled with a swirling mixture of fish, seaweed, and the poor hygiene of the poorest inhabitants. My elegant gown is almost dirtied by a muddy street dog pushing through the crowds. The needy, whose miserable existence unfolds before my eyes, disappear from my world for a moment. An icy glance is enough to keep them at a distance. My aristocratic step collides with the uneven pavement as I traverse the unassuming harbor district.

A mocking smile crosses my lips as I pass the run-down buildings and their inhabitants. "Poor people of Waterdeep..." I whisper, my words accompanied by a condescending melody. "They simply cannot grasp the true splendor of this city. As if their low instincts could ever comprehend the sophistication of my life."

I lift my dress as if the mere contact with these dirty streets could affect my elegance. A slight shake of my head conveys my disdain before I continue on my way. The golden roofs of the city draw closer, and I can't wait to free myself from this miserable environment and stroll among the rich and powerful of the castle district.

The De Vries family palace is not just an imposing structure in the noblest district of Waterdeep but also a living testament to our family's connection with magic. The architecture seems to have merged with the forces of sorcery, as if the structure itself were a being with its own consciousness.

As I approach, the details of the architecture become clearer. The towers rise like guardians, overseeing the sky, and their peaks seem to almost touch the ether. Magical symbols are intricately embedded in the walls, vibrant glyphs that appear to pulsate upon closer inspection. The pattern of the windows seems to channel the flow of arcane energy into and out of the palace.

I lightly knock on the massive double door, and the servant hurries to open it. He dares not look at me longer than necessary as he bends forward to show respect. "My lady, welcome back." he murmurs in awe. His trembling hands do not hesitate to take everything I carry, as if afraid that mere contact with my possessions could underscore his own meekness. A subtle expression of submission appears on his face, and with a fleeting glance, he leads me to my family.