Chapter 20

My baby I missed you so much" my mom says as she squeezes me.
"I missed you too mama" I say.
"Hey sis" Nolu says giving me a brief hug.
We catch up and I promise to find them when I'm done welcoming people in.

"Chomi!" Rea says and i hug her.
"Where is she?" She asks refering to Buhle.
I gave her a much needed update on how her friend has changed.
"You two better not start any trouble please" Diego says carrying Tessa.
I take my niece immediately and she giggles at seeing my face. And then I side hug Diego. They leave me with my niece and go inside.

"Are you going to welcome us or not?" My dad asks and I jump into his arms causing Tessa to giggle.
"Hello dad,hello uncle" I greet.
"You look radiant Karina,it seems coming back did you wonders" my uncle says.
I blush and look down. Only if you knew how chaotic it is. I wish to go back everyday. After a bit of a chat they go in also.

"Aren't you the cutest little thing?" I say kissing her cheeks.
She giggles.
"You are a natural" Zano says standing beside me.
I didn't even hear him coming.
"No ways! Tessa just loves her aunty and the boys don't have a choice,I birthed them" I say laughing.
He laughs also.
"Are you good?" He asks.
"I never felt better,I'm on top of the world" I say.
"Go save my father from those Italian speaking children of yours" he says taking a willing Tessa.
I laugh and go inside.

Lwandle is on Baba's lap and Lwandile is on my dad's. And just like Zano said they are telling him about one of   their adventures in Italian.
"Lwandle and Lwandile Zulu!" I reprimand.
They both look at me,also their grandfathers.
"What did I say you must speak if mommy and daddy's family are in one place?" I ask.
"English" they answer.
"Why?" I ask.
"So that everyone can be able to hear us" they both say.
"Now do you think mkhulu heard what you were telling grandpa?" I ask.
They both shake their heads.
"Sorry mkhulu" Lwandile says.
Baba looks at me and smiles. He must have been getting a headache.
"Mkhulu we were telling grandpa that we saw the cattle eat very long grass..." Lwandle says telling the story in English.
How they manage to listen to all that nonsense,I don't know.

I go and help Zotha with dishing up. Then we take food to the different people. She gives me two bowls for the boys,luckily they are sitting with their father and uncle. Zano is holding a sleeping Tessa,he looks so cute right now. I give the boys both their food.
"Mommy I'm not hungry" Lwandile complains.
"Lwandile" Zano says.
And his errant child starts eating. I look at him and smile,I wasn't really up for a fight with these kids of his.
"Why don't you let Tessa sleep inside?" I ask.
"Chomi never! You want those slay queens to strangle my child?" She asks and we laugh.
"Chomi you saw her?" I ask.
"Chomi you are giving makoti and she is giving visitor vibes. Who got married first between you and her?" Rea asks.
"Chomi obviously it's me but you know what they say? They say that makoti vibes is only me and Nokuzotha. Like my friend where is it written that all of this is our job?" I ask.
"Where is Nokuzotha I haven't seen her" She says.
"Come on let's go,let's leave the men alone" I say as I drag her up.
"I will be right back with your food" I say and wink at Diego.
I'm sure they want to talk about something that doesn't concern Rea.

We find Nokuzotha sitting with my mom,sister and gogo. She joins them while I dish up for the guys. I go give them their food and dish up for me and Rea,and also give her food.
We sit there gossiping and we laugh,gogo and my mom tell us stories from their childhood and we laugh even harder from all the madness they got up to.

I get a text from Ozan telling me he is outside.
"Excuse me ladies" I say standing up.
"Where are you going?" Rea asks.
"My boyfriend is here" I say.
I said it loud enough so that Dudu overhears and she clearly did by the surprised look she gives me. Gogo looks disappointed but I pay her no attention as I rush to the gate.