Chapter 13

The next day I sleep in,I don't even bother going downstairs. I cried the entire night blaming myself for everything even now I still feel like crying. Somebody knocks on my door and I don't answer.
"Sphe I'm coming in" Zotha says.
I close my eyes and pretend like I'm sleeping. She puts a tray of food on the bedside table and then sits on the bed. Woman please leave!
"I know you are not sleeping" she says brushing the hair out of my face.
I open my eyes and look at her.
"I don't feel like being around people" I say.
"Well the family is worried about you" she says.
"They should leave me alone I am no longer their responsibility" I say and turn away from her.
"You wouldn't be this miserable if you didn't love him and he sees that,he is not stupid" she says and after a while she gets out.I don't even feel hungry. I don't even feel like being around people.

After an hour of laying there I get up and take a shower. I put on a flowy dress with a cardigan. I let my hair fall free and cover the front part of my head with a wrap. I take my handbag and the untouched food that Zotha brought downstairs. Nobody is in the kitchen so I dump the tray and get out through the back door. Luckily nobody is blocking my car so I quickly drive out. I don't know where I'm going but I just drive until I find myself in Pietermaritzburg. I stop at a shopping centre and wander in. I find a nice cosy restaurant and I get in.
"Good afternoon mam would you like something to drink?" The waitress asks.
"Yes please bring me a bottle of wine" she nods as she gives me the menu and skips away.
She is probably going to get commission for selling a bottle. My phone rings,I take it out of my bag and it's Siphephelo. I decline his call and text him.
"I'm a bit busy right now I will call you later"
Nokuzotha calls also,I decline it.
It keeps on ringing so I switch it off.
"Would you like anything else?"
I shake my head and pour myself a glass. I gulp it down and pour a second one. A security guard walks in as I start on my second bottle.
"Who is the driver of the black black G63 registered 'Mrs Z 1 GP' somebody bumped it and they would like to talk to you." He says.
Well I will buy another one tomorrow he can keep it. When nobody answers he leaves,people are left talking about how the person is a wreckless driver and how much the car costs.

I'm on my third bottle right now and a guy who looks like the manager comes to me.
"Good evening mam,I was told to give you this" he says giving me his phone.
"You want me to speak with your girlfriend?" I ask slurring.
"Alright!" I say and laugh.
"Zenande what the hell do you think you are doing?" Zano breathes immediately when I put the phone to my ear.
"Are you gay?" I ask the guy.
He shakes his head.
"Zano I regret coming here okay,I want to go home" I say.
The phone shuffles and I hear Siphephelo.
"Sphe you said it yourself that it's not safe right now,you need to be home" he says.
"Okay,I'm coming" I say and give the phone back to the guy.
I take my phone and put it in my bag and stand up with my bottle. I pay at the counter and the guy comes again.
"Mam they said I should tell you to stay here,they are on their way" he says.
"Tell them I Ubered,I'm not stupid" i say.
I take my card and walk out,damn it's dark out here. It must be loadshedding. I will sit in my car as I request.

Before I even open my car door I feel somebody strangling me from the back and is blocking my mouth.
I feel my body go limp and I fall as darkness consumes me.

Hey Fam! I'm having problems logging in,I'm try to sort out the issue immediately so that I can get back to writing please be patient with me I'm also frustrated by Wattpad 😭😡.