Chapter 18

Siphephelo told the family that I was handling my modelling business as I was away and that Zano was with me. I'm very grateful on them being discreet about this. When we got home Zano insisted that I go straight up to my room,my food was brought up to my room by him. He would keep me company before either gogo,Mamkhulu or Enhle came to check up on me. The boys slept with me because they refused to leave my room nomatter what was promised by their father.

Today I'm feeling really well,I think all that bed rest did me good. Ozan calls as I just finished getting dressed.
"Morning" I answer.
"Good morning to you too my beautiful lady,you sound in high spirits today is it because I'm coming for a visit?" He says.
I can't help but laugh.
"When will you arrive actually?" I ask.
"Probably tomorrow I have a few things to wrap up here then I will be all yours" he says.
I can't help but let out a laugh.
"Well I'm glad that you will be here for the boys' welcoming ceremony" I say.
"Then I should grace their royal butts with welcoming presents" he says causing me to laugh.
"Will me coming there be okay though? I don't want to do anything that will have a bad effect on the boys or you for that matter" he says.
I can't help but smile. I love how he is considerate even when he doesn't understand all this traditional baggage I come with.
"Of course it's okay don't worry about it and you better make sure that you don't come with expensive gifts" I say trying to sound intimidating but he just laughs. We speak for a while until the boys barge in to my room and steal the phone away from me. I tell them that they should bring my phone downstairs when they are done because Ozan has now switched to a video call so that he can see them,he must really miss them.

"Good morning" I say greeting the ladies in the kitchen.
They all greet back except Dudu.
"How nice of you to finally join us" Mamkhulu says and I laugh.
Nokuzotha is sitting with her. I look at the stove and Dudu is cooking while Buhle sets the table. I keep quiet and sit by the counter. I'm definitely not eating that neither are my boys. When the table is ready everybody moves to the dining room and I remain in the kitchen. Buhle gives the children their food.
"Where are the boys?" She asks holding two plates that I'm thinking are meant for the boys.
"They are on a call with Ozan. You can give them to me I will take the food to them,they won't come down anytime soon as long as they are talking to him" i say getting up from my chair.
She looks confused but gives them to me. She then leaves. I throw the food in the bin and the plates in the sink. I make cereal for the boys and take it to them. I make noodles for myself and go join the family in the dining room.

"Hawu Makoti why are you eating noodles whilst there is plenty of food right here?" Gogo asks.
I look at Dudu. She is showing no emotion whatsoever.
"It might be poisoned" I say with a smile.
"What?" Buhle exclaims.
I can see the family looking at each other confusedly so.
"Oh come on stop pretending you know that your friend is insecure about me being here" I reply to Buhle.
"Sphe!" Siphephelo reprimands.
"How dare you?" Dudu shouts looking angry.
"Don't forget Duduzile Zulu. I know what you did" I say looking at her straight in the eye.
All the emotions I'm feeling must be visible in my eyes because she looks away. I was so focused on her that I hear Mamkhulu clap her hands once out of shock.
"Zanothando my boy are we ever going to have a peaceful time with both your wives around?" Mamkhulu asks.
"I am not his wife" I say.
Mamkhulu gasps. I see the family members looking at Zano maybe they expect him to reprimand me. I also look at him and he is quietly looking at me like he is reading me.
"Babe these eggs taste nice" he says after a while looking at Dudu with a smile.
"Thanks baby" Dudu says.
I look back down to my plate. I must say that hurts,I feel like throwing this bowl at his face. I count to three in my head and take deep breaths I will not allow this to get to me. I finally look around and everybody is focusing on their food except Zotha who gives me a worried look. I give her a small smile and focus on my breakfast. I should tell her what's going on I think to myself. I quietly eat my breakfast with my heart broken into a million pieces.

After breakfast we clean up,I help Enhle with washing the dishes. Lwandile comes running in to give me my phone.
"And where are you running to?" I ask taking my phone from him.
"We are going out with daddy" he says with his little voice.
"And who else?" I ask.
"All the kids,Dudu and Zano" Mamkhulu answers as she comes in to the kitchen.
"My kids are not going anywhere " I say as I walk out of the kitchen.
I hear Mamkhulu shouting but I pay her no attention as I see the car they will be going out with parked in the driveway.

"Lwandle come here baby" I say picking him up out of the seat.
"Mommy we are going with daddy" he says pouting.
"Next time not now grandpa wants to video call you two" I say.
He was two minutes away from crying but at mentioning his grandpa he wiggles out of my arms and gets down.
"Go take your brother and go up to my room,I will be there just now" I say.
He immediately runs in to the house.
"Zenande wenzani?"(What are you doing?) Zano asks getting out of the car.
"I'm not leading my kids to their death" I say.
"Are you aware that they are also my kids?" He asks with anger in his voice.
"Yes yours not hers. If you want to play happy families with her then leave my kids far from it" I say walking away.
"But you can play happy families with your stupid boyfriend?" He shouts pulling me back by my arm.
I can see it clearly in his eyes that he is furious. I look him straight in the eye not budging.
"Your boyfriends are busy promising my kids vacations and you complain about me and Dudu taking them to the mall?" He adds.
"I'm not indecisive like you Mr Zulu,I only have one boyfriend and he can promise them whatever he wants at least he didn't try to kill you like that witch of yours" I shout.
I see gogo,Mamkhulu,baba and Siphephelo watching us. They are close enough to hear everything.
"Oh come on Zenande just say it straight that you are jealous" Zano says.
I don't mean to but I burst out in laughter. I almost roll all over the pavement the way my tummy hurts from laughing.
"Jealous of what? That?" I ask in between laughs pointing at Dudu who also decided to join her husband.
"I actually pity you! To be stuck with Satan herself for the rest of my life" I say.
"Zenande I have been trying to understand everything that you are doing ever since you came back but you are driving me crazy" Zano says.
I hear Dudu clicking her tongue.
"Just get her away from my kids" I say walking away from that.
"That won't change the fact that I am his wife" Dudu says.
"And a killer! You should be in jail right now or do you think I'm a ghost walking around?" I ask turning back to her.
She immediately goes quiet. I see the family members looking confused. Zano looks at Dudu with no emotion in his eyes.
"Oh honest wife why don't you tell your dear husband about your big secret?" I ask walking even closer to her.
She looks down to her shoes.
"What is it Mrs Zulu? Cat got your tongue?" I say poking her with my finger.
"Baby let's go" she says pulling Zano by his arm.
Zano shrugs off her arm and gets in to the driver side.
"Don't forget my dear mnaks it's an eye for an eye" I say to her as she gets in to the car.
"Sphesihle ungenwe yini impela?"(... What's gotten into you honestly?) Mamkhulu shouts.
"Excuse me" I say leaving them there and walking to the house.

Yoh ayi this is all a mess Fam let me try to sort everything out we will be taking a break right here until I get my house in order♥️