Chapter 98 Here We Go!

Start from the beginning

Other than that, we will be with you the whole time said, Mariah. Are you going to get some school lessons for Bowie and Crystal to do while we're away? asked Cindy. Oh, now there's a thought said, Mariah. I never even knew you could do that sort of thing. now a day's apparently you can said, Cindy. We should find out to see if they have little activities, we can use to entertain them on the airplanes, as well as when we're in the houses, etc. Great idea said Tessa I'll go and see their teachers and see what they can do, because next year they will be going up into big school, and it would be nice to get them prepared for that. I hope we don't have to take too many books with us said Mariah because they will be heavy in the luggage. Don't worry about that too much my love, because I can get it packed into the tour stuff, and then the roadies can push and carry them around said Tessa smiling to herself after coming up with a great solution. A few weeks later and they had been to the school and sorted everything out and they were finally ready for Tessa's departure.

After talking to Kyle and Jack, Devon decided not to let Tessa go to Asia this time around. So, it was decided she would go straight to New Zealand and then meet up with Mariah and the family in Australia. Which meant only a couple of weeks of separation, from Mariah and the kids to start off with, which Tessa could handle no problem. They would then have some time to explore Australia before Tessa did her gigs at all the different destinations she would be performing in, like Melbourne, Canberra, Sidney, and Adelaide, before all flying home together. Devon had sorted them a house to stay in at every venue, so they didn't have to do hotels. Because it was much more private for them, especially with the kids. Tessa and Mariah made sure the kids were not photographed to Offen and they made sure they didn't end up on any of their social media outlets. Tessa was in their bedroom packing her final suitcase when Mariah came up behind her. Hi, hi said Mariah as she wrapped her arms around Tessa's waist. You, okay? Err yeah, I think so. I was just thinking said Tessa hesitantly the last time I did this; I nearly didn't make it back home. Mariah took in a sharp intake of breath and tightened her grip around Tessa's waist.

It's going to be okay we can get through this. It's only going to be for two weeks, and then we will be on our way to meet you in Australia, said Mariah trying to be as cheerful as she could be in the circumstances. I will miss you like crazy though. I know you will, and I can't say I won't miss all of you too. I can't wait for us to explore Australia as a family said Tessa a little sad. Do you like the houses Devon and the team have picked out for us? Oh, they are amazing said Mariah I can't wait to see them for real. Then we will be back here before you know it, for a three-week break and then onto Europe, which I'm really looking forward to. Yeah, I can't wait to see Jaque and Chantelle either said, Tessa. But most of all, I can't wait for our parents to see those views from that terrace. Me neither said Mariah kissing her. What time do you have to leave here tomorrow? Oh erm, I can do the school runs, I'm not getting a car to pick me up until one o'clock. I think. said, Tessa. Why are you asking? I thought I might come home for some lunch and have it with my wife said Mariah but you're leaving earlier than I thought. Yeah, we have an earlier flight than planned said Tessa, I think the flight takes off at six, and because we have so much stuff to check in, Devon wants to leave earlier. I'm sorry I had no choice.

But we can still have breakfast together said Tessa trying to cheer Mariah up. I suppose that will have to do said, Mariah. No! No! It won't said Tessa pulling Mariah into her arms. Because our parents are not staying over tonight! So, we have the house to ourselves, once we put the little ones to bed said, Tessa. Ooh, now you have my attention said, Mariah. I thought I might, said Tessa giggling. Those kids better sleep tonight said Tessa because I have a lot planned for us. Do you now? said Mariah Like what? Ooh, I don't know, kiss you passionately all over, slip you out of that dress, and if you're lucky you might get dessert. Now that sounds amazing said Mariah I can't wait to get between those sheets. Funny that me neither said Tessa laughing. Well, I hope you bring your A game Mrs. Copeland-Porter because it will be a while before we can do this again in Australia said, Mariah. Oh, don't you worry Mrs. Copeland-Porter, I will be on my A game, so you'd better watch out said Tessa grinning ear from ear. Later that night, they had the sort of sex that was just mind-blowing! All the toys came out to play, and best of all the kids slept all the way through all the moaning, groaning, and screaming at the top of their lungs!

Wowzer! Wowzer! Wowzer! said Tessa afterward in the afterglow. You just know all the right places on my body, to give me the ride of my life. She was still out of breath. Right back at you said Mariah. That's why we're just meant to be. You're the love of my life, I adore you. We have one heart, and we just know what the other one needs and wants. We are one! We are said Tessa kissing her deeply. Hey, watch it said Mariah I may have to insist on round two! "Mariah" I love your enthusiasm, but we both know we're fucked! It's never going to happen even if we want it to. Oh, you're such a spoilsport said Mariah grinning. But you're also completely right. Shall we shower and get some sleep? I think we'd better had; said Tessa it's passed midnight already. Surfice to say, they both slept very soundly until seven thirty when the twins woke up needing feeds and diaper changes. They managed another hour after that until Bowie and Crystal woke, and then it was a mad house getting the kids feed and clothed and dropped off at school. Tessa was in tears when she got back into the car. Hey, come here said Mariah giving her a cuddle. Two weeks will fly by you'll see. I know said Tessa it's just hard leaving. They will change so much in that time. I know said Mariah but we are lucky to have Facetime etc, so we will be in touch every day. That's true said Tessa at least it's not like the old days when all you could do was write letters. What Tessa had just said gave Mariah a brain wave. She went into her office, saying she needed to make a call. Which was a lie. Instead, she sat down and wrote Tessa an old-fashioned love letter, to slip into her carry-on case where she knew it would be safe until she got to New Zealand. Once Tessa had arrived there, Mariah was going to send her a text message so that then she would read it before she went to sleep.

Mariah struggled at first to find the words she wanted to say. She started with. Hi, my love, When you read this, you will be officially on tour. I and the kids miss you so much already. At this present time, I can hear you in the house still. We have just come back from dropping the kids off at school. You were so upset when you got back in the car. I'm dreading when you have to leave in a few hour's time. I love you, Mrs. Tessa Copeland- Porter, I've never regretted the day you became my wife. I'm not whole without you. Were no good without the other. So, I hope the next couple of weeks fly by so that I can be in your arms again. Break a leg, I can't wait to see you up there on stage where you belong. Have a great time in front of all your fans, who have waited long enough to see you live again. We love you to the moon and back, your wife, Bowie, Crystal, Noah, and Faith, we will see you soon xxxxx. When she came out of her office, Tessa was in the kitchen and her cases were already by the front door ready to go. Mariah spotted the carry-on case and slipped the letter inside. They spent the last couple of hours before Tessa had to leave cuddled up to one another on the sofa, listening to music. I'm going to miss this said Tessa. Me too said Mariah, especially after a stressful day.

I love coming home knowing you're going to be there to destress me. Tessa kissed the top of Mariah's head. At one o'clock Tessa's phone pinged, with the message that the car would be arriving shortly to pick her up. I hate this said, Tessa. You love singing, you don't hate it said, Mariah. No! I don't hate singing said Tessa I hate the leaving part, you get upset, and the kids will be upset when they find out I won't be around. I don't like it. Tessa was getting upset. Hey, come here said Mariah pulling her in for one last passionate kiss to send her on the way with. You have to go and sing all those wonderful songs you wrote and go and share them with your fans. Especially Everytime! They're all going to love it as much as me. I love you; the kids love you, and we will all see you in fourteen days' time, okay? Okay, said Tessa in a croaky voice, about to cry. Mariah helped her carry her cases out to the waiting car. They had one last kiss and then she was gone. Mariah sobbed her heart out when she got back inside the house, also gave a little prayer that everything would go smoothly this time around. Tessa, meanwhile, was sobbing as the car pulled away and headed for the airport. On arrival in New Zealand, Mariah was true to her word. She texted Tessa and told her there was a letter for her to read in her carry-on case. But she wasn't to open it until she got to the hotel. Tessa could not get to the hotel quickly enough so that she could open it.