Since auras often shift according to the consciousness or mental state of a person, Dawn made sure to keep observing them. Right now, everyone had a steady aura, luckily.

Kurapika who felt being stared at again, raised a brow questioningly at the young girl. Dawn's gaze was directed towards him but it felt like her eyes looked right at his soul. It was like she was in an entirely different world, a world where she sees and studies everything, that normal people can't. Kurapika suddenly felt vulnerable. He felt like a book that was forcefully being pried opened and read. He didn't like that feeling. At all. He walked into the young girl, who was seemed to have had snapped out of her trance and was nodding to herself. Dawn looked up to find the older boy standing infront of her with a slightly panicked and irritated look.

"Please stop whatever you were doing just now. It is not nice to look into other's...life or mind without permission." He kept his voice stern but polite, since he was talking to a child, a girl, who was 3 years younger than him. Dawn blinked quizzically before understanding what he meant. "Ah!!! Nononono I wasn't looking into your life or your mind, Kurapika san!" Dawn said as she flapped her hands shaking her head side to side. Kurapika raised a brow. "What you were doing is contrasting your answer, Dawn." He said as he narrowed his eyes. Dawn shrunk back a bit as she noticed the red aura sparking a bit.

"I was just reading the nature of your Aura." She said opting for an honest reply. Kurapika tilted his head questioningly while his red aura calmed down and went back to normal. "What do you mean by aura?" He asked a bit curiously. He had never heard of Aura reading. "Aura is the life force of a person and it reflects that person's personality a lot. It also takes shape according to a person's life. " Dawn explained. Kurapika's eyes sparkled a bit at this new found knowledge. "What did you find out about me?" He asked in mild curiousity. Dawn bit her lips as she debated on whether she should tell him or not. She decided to answer him with a half lie and half truth.

"You...are like a sword. The choices in your life depends on what you want to do with that sword..would you protect or would you destroy depends entirely on you. There is also desire for power and knowledge. " Dawn explained briefly. Kurapika dwelled a bit on that. "A sword..huh.." he hummed.
"But since Auras change a lot...it is not certain what will become of you." Dawn said as she shrugged. Kurapika nodded slowly, finding this ability useful.

"What are you guys talking about?" A voice interrupted. It belonged to Leorio. Dawn stuck her tongue out at him. "Something you cannot understand Leorio- san!" She grinned cheekily as she hopped away to join Gon who was thanking the captain. Leorio looked at Kurapika for answer, but he just ignored him. Explaining all that to Leorio was too much of a work for Kurapika. Leorio felt a tick mark on his head as his eyes twitched. He crossed his hands and huffed, looking away.

Dawn and Gon bowed at the captain who gave them a shortcut to the exam site.

TIMESKIP:-

The group were staring at a huge map that had the exam site's location. Strangely, it was in the opposite direction of the shortcut which the captain told them to follow.

"Strange...look! Zaban, where the exam is gonna held, is clearly indicated on this map. It is totally weird to go to this mountain, in the total opposite direction. We should take a bus that takes us directly there. It's a shortcut, but if we mess up then we'll walk for nothing." Leorio said as he raised his finger towards the place where the buses were at.

"Maybe he accidentally pointed this way?" Kurapika suggested. Dawn shook her head. "Using the bus is just too obvious. People often like to use the easy way, so a lot of the contestants are gonna take the bus. If I think about it... It would make an excellent trap, to eliminate a lot of contestants. "Dawn said, her hands crossed behind her head. Kurapika nodded, as he agreed. "Which way will you go, Gon? I will tag along." Dawn said as she looked at the cheerful boy. "The risks for going up there doesn't matter to me. I am going towards the mountain. I am sure there is a good reason for this." Gon said as he smiled. Dawn nodded at him. She had learnt to trust this boy's instincts and she also didn't want him to go there alone.