Chapter Two: New inmate

Third-person pov;

Life as a psychologist isn't that bad, but when it comes to work everything needs to be perfect. Kakashi sat on his desk with a small lamp turned on dimly, his eyes never left the paper on the table that had his messy handwriting and written questions to ask Naruto tomorrow.

'What else should I add?'

Looking back at the Blond, his behaviour and his answers, it was obvious! Naruto is mentally ill and he didn't need to prove that more. But due to the fact this is a crime case he needed to be in detail with the analysis he has, Kakashi ran a hand through his white hair with a loud sigh.

'I must be aging up or something, my back hurts what the fuck.' The White-haired man got off the chair and over to the coffee machine in the corner-he placed it inside his room since his lazy ass doesn't want to walk all the way over to the kitchen-but then he also did realise he needed a cup which was in the kitchen.

'Ugh...'

-

Last night:

From the narrow window of a dimly lit prison cell, the midnight sky unfolds as a muted tableau. The indigo expanse, tinged with the distant glow of city lights, seeps through the limited view, creating a subdued ambiance within the cramped space. Stars twinkle quietly, seemingly indifferent to the struggles below.

In the hushed night, distant sounds from the outside world filter through the thick prison walls, offering a gentle contrast to the prevailing silence. The moon, casting a pale light, briefly illuminates the cold floor, hinting at a semblance of freedom for those confined. Wispy clouds drift overhead, their fleeting presence echoing the transience of hope.

For the inmate observing through the iron bars, the midnight sky becomes a mixed sight-a subtle reminder of the vastness beyond the cell, yet an intangible realm just beyond grasp. In this restrained setting, the night sky serves as a quiet reassurance, offering a subdued but enduring connection to the world outside the confines of imprisonment.

His head hung low, a crown of defeat, as his broad shoulders pressed firmly against the unforgiving concrete wall. The neon glow from the flickering overhead light cast a sickly hue on his orange prison uniform, the fabric clinging to the contours of his once-muscular frame now worn down by four relentless months behind bars.

The cold floor mirrored the stark reality of his confinement, and his intense gaze remained fixated on the unforgiving tiles beneath him. It was a gaze that spoke volumes, revealing not just the passage of time but the weight of a spirit burdened by unyielding frustration.

Who is he?

"Itachi..." He muttered under his breath, the name of a person he will never forgive. The man that made his life a living hell, his own brother, his blood, and his only family left.

"I will never leave you alone in the rain, Sasuke," a haunting echo of Itachi's past promise reverberated in his mind. The mental image unfolded like a sepia-toned photograph: a young Sasuke, drenched and desolate, seeking refuge beneath a tree during a stormy night marred by his parents' heated argument over financial woes. In those early days, Itachi had been a guardian, a protector who shielded him from the tempests both literal and metaphorical.

Questions lingered like shadows in Sasuke's contemplation. What drove the once-loving relationship between siblings to such a deep, dark abyss? The warmth of brotherhood had curdled into a cold disdain, and Sasuke grappled with the haunting puzzle of their familial unravelling. Was it the tragic loss of their parents that shattered the delicate equilibrium, or did the seeds of discord lie in unspoken resentments that festered over time? The enigma of how love could metamorphose into a corrosive force weighed heavily on Sasuke's shoulders, his memories now tainted with the stain of a bond irreparably broken.

Lovely Desires 「Sasunaru」जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें