prologue

I never actually understood the amount of pain and truthfulness that came from the phrase, "like a bullet to the heart." Until I actually had someone break my world with just a few words.

Not weapons, not fists, not even torture; just the use of the most underrated form of pain: words.

My eyes slowly travel up to the orbs of the man in front of me. There's nothing, not even regret. Just the never ending tunnel of black that his eyes consist of.

His forehead wrinkles up in anger as his large hand lashes out to grasp my chin; His fingernails burying themselves in the sensitive flesh.

"Now as I've mentioned before Ms.Stellar, don't make me mad."

His eyes roam over my beaten face. "Or I might just have to resort back to previous tactics." He dryly states, obviously hinting at the multiple forms of physical pain that has been inflicted upon me.

I can feel my chin becoming numb as he squeezes harder. I soon realize that if I don't comply to what he's asking that the next time he goes off on me, I might not get back up.

I mentally battle out my options as what he said to me not five minutes ago floats aimlessly through my mind. It not only changed everything I ever believed, but ripped out my heart a million times over.

His mouth quirks up at the corner as he views the internal battle, playing out over my face.

He bends his long frame down until I'm face to face with the monster himself. I can feel his warm breath fan out over me as I cringe back in revulsion.

He pulls out a pistol from his waist band and slowly begins to run the cold barrel down the length of my jaw.

"Are you ready to talk to me sweetness? Or are we going to have to find other ways to take care of your stubbornness?"

The tone of his voice hints at many layers of empathy and softness, but I know better.

I open my mouth and I can almost see his face grow anxious with my words. I feel hesitance flash through my mind before I gather up the saliva in my mouth quickly spit it in his face

Just because the person I trusted most ended up not caring about me, doesn't mean that I'm going to desert them like they did me. I refuse to give the man what he wants.

I can see his face contort with anger as he quickly runs his hand across his skin, removing any wetness.

"I was hoping we could do this the easy way, but of course you had to force my hand."

His lips curve into a snarl as he raises his hand with the pistol in it. I don't even get a chance to prepare before I feel the gun slam into my head; leaving mini explosions in it's quake.

I feel the buzz of pain surf it's way through my body before leaving me light headed.

A faint wetness slides down my face before my vision is clouded with black and white spots.

The pain compresses my head to the point where it's not even possible to think. I can feel my self slipping from reality and for once I'm grateful for the chair I'm attached to.

I suddenly feel a hard fist connect with my temple and that's all it takes for me to spiral into complete darkness. My last thought not being of help, or anyone who matters; just of the one person who deceived me through and through again.

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

Heeeey!! I hope everyone enjoys my re-written prologue.

I started writing this story freshman year, and now that it's been two years and I've finally come back to wattpad I now realize just how badly it was written. So I'm going to be re-writting and fixing all the chapters.

So if it doesn't flow then you know why lol. But just a heads up, I'm Doing all of this from my phone so if it seems off, you know why.

But I thank EVERYONE who reads this story, it really does mean the world to me *wipes tear*. I'm not crying I swear.

But please comment and vote. I want to know what you have to say. :D