“I'm being careful. She won't die if she accidentally falls.” Josh said back rudely. He doesn't like how controlling my family can get.

According to him it's only going to be a scratch or a small bruise or a cut at most but he doesn't know that falling can be way worse for me.

“Josh!” I smack his arm. “He's just looking out for me.”

“Leave it, Addy. He won't understand.” Julian drawled.

“I understand everything. Especially when my sister is concerned. I'm pretty smart, you just don’t know it yet.” Josh scoffs.

“Someone who won't mind if his sister falls when in his care, sure he must be pretty smart.”

“Atleast you acknowledged she's my sister too.” I can imagine Josh bearing his signature grin.

Julian didn't say anything further. We move through the house and I can hear many people talking as we pass them. I felt like everyone was staring at me as I walked without seeing what's in front of me.

Josh is very clumsy and since he's the one guiding me I nearly bumped into a few people which made Julian hold my hand and help me navigate my way.

We finally reached a room at the back of the house and Julian's tension ended. I could feel there was someone else in the room who was standing directly in front of me. 

“Surprise!” Josh said, taking his hands off my eyes.

I enthusiastically opened my eyes and looked at the person in front of me. My breath caught up in my throat as I stared at him.

Josh must've thought I would love the surprise. He must've thought I would jump from excitement and hug the person in front of me. He didn't know I'd be shocked to the core.

I didn't know what to say. I had no idea how to act in the situation my brother has put me in. I just stayed frozen trying to calm myself down and kept my eyes on him.

He gives me his classic smile. The one I used to love. He stays quiet. He's waiting for me to say something. When I don't he brings his hands around me and pushes me gently towards himself.

My face touches his chest and I resist the shudder that comes with it. I used to love his gentle caresses but it all feels strange now.

His arms rub my back as a loving gesture while mine just hang at my sides. When I realize how wrong it would look if I didn't reciprocate —or push him away— I force my arms to lightly touch his back.

I don't want to create a scene. Not only because it's George's birthday but also because I don't want to answer the questions which will follow.

No one will understand what relationship we have that let him take my first kiss or what reason I have to be bothered by just a hug three years later.

If they don't understand my reason behind hiding my pregnancy, why would they understand that I had a boyfriend six years older than me.

What if they think I was lying about the rape? How will I ever convince them that it wasn't consensual? All of this will break the trust they have on me.

How will they ever understand that loving someone felt right at the time? They'd blame me for it. And the twins would call me a slut yet again.

We pulled back and he kept looking at me. Maybe he's expecting me to smile or cry happy tears seeing him after so long.

“It's really great to see you after so long, Addy.” He said it like he meant it.

I gulped the discomfort and averted my eyes to the side of his face so I wouldn't have to look at him. The more I saw of him, the more uneasy it made me.