I was so excited that Valerie had finally said I could go out and get involved in light and simple activities. I wanted nothing more than to enjoy myself now but Cyrus had to ruin my mood.

“What now, Miss Storm?”

Why does he have to be here every time? Maybe because he's the head chef so he belongs in the kitchen more than I do but still. Why can't he just get a life?

“I’m going to make myself a cake, I'd appreciate it if you don't disturb me.” I tell him with fake politeness.

Unlike the time Julian told him off, he didn't budge. He raised an eyebrow looking at me like he didn't expect this behavior from me.

“It would be great if you don't mess up my workspace. If you want something to stuff yourself, my kind staff could prepare something.”

I grit my teeth and forced myself to not cry in front of him. I'm livid but my anger wants to come out in the form of tears. But I know it would only give him more satisfaction.

My emotions were already all over the place and he’s making it worse for me to get back my calm. I came here to relax, not to stress myself further.

Before I could race my mind for a good comeback —which I know I would suck at— my brother came to rescue.

“Do we not pay you enough to clean up our mess?” Altas’ voice was harsh as he came to stand next to me.

My foe looks baffled by his sudden appearance. I narrow my eyes and smirk at him. He’s made my life more difficult than it already is, he deserves to be put into his place.

“M- Mr Storm, I was-” His voice quivers.

“I don't want to hear your excuse. We should’ve known better than to hire people like you.” Altas spat the words.

“I- I really ne- need the job.” He pleads.

Altas laughs. “Trust me, the job is the least you should be worried about.”

His eyes widened along with mine. This wasn't what I was expecting. I had an idea that my family would react badly to it but I was hoping they would let this go with firing him.

I hate that I wish for something so extreme for anyone but a person who has beef with kids is definitely not someone I want around when my babies are here.

“I'm really so- sorry.”

“Apologize to my sister.”

His head snapped my way and he looked at me pleadingly. “I'm sorry, Miss Storm. I shouldn't have said that. Please forgive-”

“It's fine.” I mumbled feeling awkward with the situation.

“I'll have to see you later. Now get out.” Altas banged his fist on the counter and the head chef flinched before dashing out.

The rest of the staff has been trying their best to ignore the scene. Everyone is busy with their work even if some are just stirring dishes that don't need to be stirred.

I release a breath that I was holding and decide it isn't the best idea to cook in such a suffocating environment. I grabbed my phone off the counter and left with Altas following behind.

“Don't hurt him.” I whisper to him.

“He'll get what he deserves.” He shrugged.

“You can't decide that.” I looked at him offended by his nonchalance.

“Adeline, you don't know people like him. They get off by talking shit to little babies.”

“I'm not a baby. When will you stop calling me that?” I protest. “And please get this out of your head that I don't know certain situations or people. I'm way more intelligent than you think.”