25

Cassiopeia's POV

I love dragons. I loved how dangerous and powerful they were. I loved how confident they were. I admired Charlie for that reason. He dedicated his whole life and left for Romania because of his immense love for dragons. But, that didn't mean I supported Hagrid in breaking the law. As much as I loved dragons, I couldn't support someone in raising one illegally. Aurie wouldn't be pleased. 

As Saturday arrived, I grew more tense. What if someone found out? What if Draco told Professor Snape?

On Saturday night, I cooed over Norbert for a while and then we had to go back up to the castle.

"Bye, bye Norbert. Mummy will miss you." Hagrid sobbed. 

We covered the crate and went back up the castle, which wasn't the easiest of tasks. Even Harry's shortcuts didn't make the work easier. 

"Nearly there!" Harry panted as we reached the corridor beneath the tallest tower.

Then we heard a sudden movement ahead of us. We shrank into the shadows, staring at the dark outlines of two people. A lamp flared. 

Professor McGonagall, in a tartan dressing gown and a hairnet, had Draco by the ear.

"Detention!" she shouted "And twenty points from Slytherin! Wandering around in the middle of the night, how dare you-"

"You don't understand, Professor, Harry Potter's coming - he's got a dragon!"

"What utter rubbish! How dare you tell such lies! Come on - I shall see Professor Snape about you, Malfoy!" 

We quickly climbed up the steep spiral staircase holding onto the invisibility cloak. As soon as we stepped into the cold night air, we threw off the Cloak. I tried to steady my breath. 

"Malfoy's got detention! I could sing!" Said Granger.

"Don't." Harry and I said in unison. 

Laughing about Draco's fate, we waited for Charlie's mates to show up. Norbert kept thrashing in his crate. A few minutes later, four broomsticks came swooping down. His friends were a cheery lot. Before they left, we shook hands with them and thanked them. 

At last, Norbert was gone and my fear of potentially going to Azkaban was also gone. 

Harry and Granger were laughing about something when I looked at them. They kept smiling and laughing amongst themselves. I felt sort of left out and well, I don't know how I feel or why I am feeling this way. I can't be jealous? So, I do what I do best. I ran away. I walked down the stairs and ran to the dungeons and into the Slytherin Common Room. I saw Marcus sitting in one of the couches, tears in his eyes just like I did. I ran to him and hugged him before sobbing.

Harry's POV

I saw Cassie walking out without saying anything. Should I follow her? I asked Hermione to come with me. We both walked down the stairs when we saw Filch's face suddenly loom out of the darkness. 

"Well, well, well." he whispered. "we are in trouble."

We left the Invisibility Cloak on top of the tower. 

Filch took us to Professor McGonagall who was still lecturing Malfoy. 

"See, Professor I was telling the truth," Malfoy said before Neville came in and tried to warn them about Malfoy. 

"Harry! I was trying to find you to warn you, I heard Malfoy saying that he was going to catch you. He said that you had a drag-'

I shook my head violently to signal Neville to shut up. 

"I would have never believed it of any of you. Mr Filch says you were up the astronomy tower. It's one o'clock in the morning. Explain yourselves."

We watched as Professor McGonagall yelled at us. 

"I understand what is happening. You fed some cock and bull story to Mr Malfoy here to get him out of bed and into trouble. I suppose you think it is funny that Longbottom here heard the story and believed it too?" 

Neville looked stunned and hurt. 

If it wasn't bad already, Malfoy had to mess it up even more. 

"Professor, it's not only them." He started. "Cassiopeia was the one who asked me to come up here at this hour." He said as he smirked. 

"No, she didn't what are you talking about-" 

"Outrageous. Four students out of bed at night and one who supports this? Completely outrageous. The five of you will be receiving detention. Fifty points will be taken from Gryffindor."

"Fifty?" I asked stunned. We would lose the lead.

"Each."

"Professor - please"

"You can't-"

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Potter. Now get back to bed." 

Cassiopeia's POV

I spent the day ignoring Harry. I only spoke to Ron. I didn't understand why I was so angry at him. Marcus reckons I like him but that is stupid. 

That morning I received a note from Professor McGonagall.

Your detention will take place at eleven o'clock tonight. Meet Mr Filch in the Entrance Hall.

Prof M McGonagall

I only understood what this was about only after Ron explained it to me. I hate Draco. I wrote to Cissy about him, I told her about everything he has done this year that has troubled me. That will serve him right. 

-----------------------------------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Heyy! I know that it's been a while since I have updated this story. Just me with my writer's block lol. Anyway, have a nice day <3.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*-------------------------------