23

Hermione, Ron and Harry were obsessing over the trapdoor and Philosopher's stone. I tried to talk them out of it, telling them to leave it as we are only 11 and that we don't need such responsibilities or duties in our lives but none of them listened. I guess they didn't want to lead a peaceful life.                                                               

Granger was going crazy. She kept talking about exams. 

"You have to color-code your notes, Ron!" She exclaimed one day in the library when we were doing our homework. Our teachers were going berserk, they kept assigning us a bunch of homework. 

"Woah, Calm down, Granger. Exams are ages away." I said taking my transfiguration text.

"What? Aren't you a topper? I thought you would have started revising months before."   

"Oh please, I start studying the day before the exam." I said chuckling. 

"What!? That's definitely not fair! I put in more effort than you, but you get more marks. Marks that you don't deserve." 

"First of all Granger, it's not my fault I am this brilliant. So brilliant that I can finish studying almost anything in like a few minutes. Second of all, I do smart work and you do hard work." I said rolling my eyes. 

Now, that's just one instance where she kept saying I didn't deserve the marks I got. It was tiring. I tried to be friends with her ignoring what many of my family members have taught me. If grandfather knew I was trying to be friends with a muggle-born, he would probably murder me. He has told me to not even look their way. I don't think it's fair now that I think that anymore. And that is because, I have befriended a few Muggle-Borns. Penelope Clearwater who is in Percy's year and Justin Finch-Fletchley who is a Hufflepuff in my year.  I realized that even though they are not pure-blooded, they are one of the sweetest people I met. 

As these thoughts swirled in my mind, Ron had noticed something no one else did. 

"Hagrid! What are you doing in the library?" 

Hagrid shuffled into view, hiding something behind his back. He looked very out of place in his moleskin overcoat. 

"Just looking." He said in a shifty voice that made Harry and Cassie look at each other with an eyebrow raised. "And what are you lot up 'ere? Yer not still lookin' fer Nicolas Flamel, are yeh?" He asked suspiciously. 

"Oh, please, we found that out ages ago. And we know what that dog is guarding , its a Philosopher's Ston-" Ron was interrupted. 

"Shhhhhh! Don't go shoutin' about it, what's the matter with yeh?" Hagrid asked looking around to see if anyone heard what Ron said. 

"There's a few things we wanted to as a matter of fact. About what's guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy-"

"SHHH! Listen - come an' see me later, student's aren't supposed ter know. They'll think I've told yeh-"                                                                                

"We'll come see you later, then." said Harry.

"What was he hiding behind his back? "Granger asked. 

"I don't know. He seemed a bit suspicious, didn't he?" I said closing my book. 

"Wait, let me go see what he was looking for." Ron said walking to the section where he was. 

"Dragons!" he whispered. "Hagrid was looking up stuff about dragons! Look at these: Dragon species of Great Britain and Ireland, From egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper's Guide."