10

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴀʟʟ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Harry's POV 

I was thankful yet disappointed that we only had Potions with Slytherins. Grateful because I don't need to see Malfoy every day but that would mean I wouldn't see Cassie. I didn't know why but I always felt the need to talk to her, to look at her, how much I liked to see her smile or laugh. 

Well, that was until they spotted a notice in the common room. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday- and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together. 

"Typical," said Harry darkly. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Cassiopeia and Malfoy." 

"You don't know you'll make a fool of yourself; besides, Cassie won't judge you based on that and she, herself doesn't know how to fly. Anyway, I know Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk." 

Cassie's POV

Well. Today was the day we finally had flying lessons. I was not excited. I certainly wasn't. I didn't know flying and I never tried to learn it, even though Draco had learnt it. The reason is simple - I was scared. I was scared that I would fall from my broom. I was scared that people would judge me if I was not as good as my mother.

Me and Katherine hurried down the front steps into the grounds for the first flying lesson. It was a clear, breezy day. All the Gryffindors arrived soon after. The broomsticks were lying in neat lines on the ground. Charlie has told me a lot about the school broomsticks about how they would vibrate if they flew too high or always flew slightly to the left.  

Madam Hooch arrived. She had short, grey hair and yellow eyes like a hawk. 

"Well, what are you all waiting for?" she barked. "Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up."

"Stick out your right hand over your broom." called Madam Hooch "and say 'Up!'"

"UP!" everyone shouted.

Cassie, Draco and Harry were one of the very few people who managed to get the broom jump into their hand. 

Madam Hooch then showed them how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows, correcting their grips. I was trying to hide my slight smirk when Madam Hooch told Draco that he'd been doing it wrong for years. 

Draco has been all arrogant and mean towards me for the past few days. And the worst part is that Pansy who was supposed to be my friend joined Draco in doing so. Just to impress a guy who happened to be my brother. He made fun of me and his goons, Crabbe and Goyle, and Pansy joined him. He is doing it just because I am friends with Harry. He's so petty. 

That's when Longbottom decided to push off hard from the ground before the whistle touched Madam Hooch's lips. 

The next thing we know, Longbottom was lying face down, on the grass in a heap. I didn't know the boy, but I felt bad for him. I mean, he got humiliated in front of the whole class.

Madam Hooch was bending over Neville her face as white as his.

"Broken wrist," she muttered. "Come on, boy - it's all right, up you get."

She turned to the rest of the class.

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are, or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch'. Come on dear." Longbottom hobbled off with Madam Hooch, who had her arm around him.

No sooner were they out of earshot than Draco burst into laughter. Of course, he had to pretend to be the arsehole Slytherin who ruined the reputation of his fellow house members. How pathetic. 

"Did you see his face, the great lump?" 

Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle laughed. 

"Shut up, Malfoy." snapped Parvati Patil.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Parvati." 

"Well, I never thought you would be a pug-faced wanna-be who likes blonde ferrets. The world is full of surprises isn't it." I said, walking forward. 

Pansy was about to say something when Draco interrupted her. 

"Look!" said Draco, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

It was a Remembrall.

"Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to collect - how about - up a tree?"

"Give it here, or I will kick your ferret arse back to the manor. "

"Come and get it, both of you.' Draco said flying. 

Both me and Harry grabbed our brooms. 

"No!" shouted Granger. "Madam Hooch told us not to move - you'll get us all into trouble." 

I ignored her and so did Harry. I was so mad that blood was pounding in my ears. What was wrong with Draco? 

I kicked hard against the ground and soared. Air rushed through my hair and my robes whipped out behind me. I realized that I'd found something I could do without being taught. I flew swiftly and smoothly through the sky. I turned to see Harry who had taken a sharp turn to face Draco, so I slowed down and flew closer to them.

"Give it here," Harry called, "or I'll knock you off that broom!" 

"Oh yeah?" said Draco, who looked worried. I could see it in his eyes. 

While they were being all dramatic, I flew through the sky and grabbed the Remembrall from Draco. I soared through the sky as Draco followed me. He caught up to me and tried to push me off my broom. I slipped and somehow held on to the handle and got back onto the broom. When I almost died, Draco wasn't concerned about me possibly falling and dying but he was focused on getting the Remembrall. The best brother in the world. 

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Dray" I called his name in a high-pitched, annoying voice attempting to mock Pansy and I knew my impression was on point when I heard Harry laugh. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Catch it if you can, then!" he shouted and threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back towards the ground. 

I saw Harry lean forward and point his broom handle down. The next thing I know he was taking a steep dive, racing the ball. He stretched out his hand - a foot from the ground he caught it.

While he was doing that, I saw Professor Snape and McGonagall and realized that they watched the whole ordeal. Uh oh. They were leaving the staffroom... We are in so much trouble.