Chapter / 22

Scaramouche POV

Scaramouche POV

As my eyes laid upon Childe, a sudden wave of realization hit me like a bullet to the head.

What the fuck was I thinking?? Getting all vulnerable and shit. I can't let myself get weak and lose my guard, eventually she'll just leave me like everyone else. Plus, who the fuck would like me???

I shook my head and then smacked Childe's head from behind.

"Fucking dumbass." I mutter to myself as I felt all my energy simply vanish as a wave of sadness hit me.

Huh? Why do I suddenly feel like this....

3rd person POV

Scaramouche had his head hung low as his hair covered his face and he simply stood still. Childe looked at him in confusion while rubbing the back of his head where Scaramouche had hit him. He shrugged his shoulders and smiled as he looked over at Y/n who was staring at Scaramouche.

Why? Childe couldn't care less. He found this amusing. He knew they both liked each other, but he also knew both of them really well. He knew that Y/n's brain was full of too many thoughts, consisting of those of her past and most likely Scaramouche too. He knew that Y/n was probably trying to figure out why she felt a little attached to the indigo haired boy. The ginger knew that Y/n still hadn't figured out she liked the emo guy- ahem I mean Scaramouche.

He also knew that Scaramouche was simply trying to repress his feelings even though he knew damn well he wouldn't be able to actually do so.

I know right, who knew Childe was so observant and more or less smart. Guess that's the work of his amazing big brother skills, always having to take care and observe his siblings.

Anyways, Childe walked over to Y/n who was still in a trance looking at Scaramouche, probably lost in thought. Ed Sheeran's twin placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled widely as he approached his face to the side of her face as his breath tickled Y/n's ear.

"I'll let this slide for once~" He said in a rather seducing voice that made Y/n slightly heat up since her trance had broken the second she heard his voice so close.

The (h/c) haired girl's head whipped towards him as she pushed him away from her.

"Weirdo! Get away from me, creep!!" She yelled at him flustered by his action. I mean, she had gotten used to his weird behavior, but she would still get flustered none the less.

Scaramouche was still in the same position. His head was hung low and he stood still. Looking a little gloomy.

He decided to lift his head just to see what was going on, only to feel disappointed.

The way that Childe and Y/n looked so close to each other bothered him but also made him think about Y/n's feelings. Since they were both so close, perhaps maybe they were actually in a relationship or something? Or maybe they just both liked each other?