Chapter / 20

---

---

"You are imperfect. I don't need a son like you."

"You don't fit my standards."

Those words hit like knives. The poor boy couldn't understand what he did wrong...

Why couldn't he please his mother? Was he really not good enough?

Was he worthless to her?

How could a mother simply just discard her son like he never even existed to her.

He had cried tears when he was younger and his mother couldn't help but feel disgusted. She did not like that her own child could have such strong emotions. She wanted her successor to be strong.

She didn't need a son so sentimental that he cried tears ever so often.

Once her daughter come into the world, his mother was immediately pleased by her and she forgot about her first child. He never existed to her indeed.

Each night, the poor boy would cry silently in the comfort of his tiny puppet as to not displease his mother even more. Not like she even cared for him anyways.

Not even his sister cared for him. More like she didn't deem him worth her attention. He was neglected and ignored.

One day, he decided to run away from his home. Though his younger sister caught him in the act, she could not care less and continued her previous intentions.

He felt arrows plant into his gentle heart as he ran out of the house, water flowing down his cheeks.

He tried to wipe them away, but it just wouldn't stop flowing. He wanted to cancel out his tears, but he was unable to.

Why couldn't he just be like his sister...

Why couldn't he just be able to gain his mothers love and affection...

He ran and ran as with each step he took, he felt more and more arrows insert themselves in his little chest where his heart belonged.

He finally fell upon a random man who looked like he was patrolling the area. He was a police man. The older man asked him what he was doing all alone and the poor boy replied that he was simply wandering around for a place to stay.

He did not want to mention what had happened previously and the police officer did not ask anything further. He simply accepted him into his own village and home.

The boy was very thankful to the man. He hadn't been treated like a real human for a long time and he was enjoying it. He loved how much he was being appreciated by the people in the village.