Fight or flight

Dread filled me as I watched Itachi look at Kisame and then back at me. "I only need my brother's lover. I have no use for the other one."

As Itachi spoke, Kisame nodded in agreement and began to move towards Temari. In that moment, my instincts took over. I acted without thinking and swiftly pulled Temari behind me, putting myself in harm's way. With a single thought, I channeled all of my chakra into my hands, knowing that I only had one chance to level the playing field. Kisame continued to approach us, and I seized the opportunity. Time seemed to slow down, giving me the perfect opening. I lunged at Kisame, ready to strike, but just as my hand was about to make contact, Itachi intervened. With a swift movement, he grabbed Kisame's wrist and pulled him back, out of harm's way. Instead, my hand hit a nearby tree, creating a loud, resounding "crack." a line in the tree appeared quickly, turning into chaotic zigzags. Splinters began to break off the tree, and it finally gave way,

The tree trunk split open, and splinters flew everywhere as it toppled to the ground. creating a cloud of dust that enveloped the are like a thick morning fog, in that moment of chaos, I had to act quickly. There was no attack to help, so I chose our only option.

"Run," I said.

As I looked at Temari, I saw that she was resolute, her expression was stern, and her eyes were blazing with determination. She shook her head fiercely, as if to reinforce her point, and shouted at me with an unwavering voice, "We need to stand our ground."

I was feeling overwhelmed and helpless, and a sense of dread was creeping up on me. I raked my hands through my hair, trying to fight the mental panic I was having. The situation was spiraling out of control, and I was struggling to come to terms with it.

"Fuccckkkk, Temari," I muttered under my breath, my voice trembling with fear. I grabbed her by her shoulders, trying to make her understand. "Look at me; we need to run."

Temari's eyes widened, and she nodded in agreement. She knew that we were in a dire situation, and that we needed to take action immediately. "Okay," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Suddenly, a cold laughter broke the silence, and we both froze. "Tsk, tsk, too late to run," a voice said mockingly. "The dust is settling; you have lost your only opportunity of coverage."

Looking at Temari and seeing her panic, I began to shake uncontrollably. I felt like I was in a nightmare, and I didn't know what to do. The situation was getting worse by the second, and I was at a loss.

"FUCCCKKK." I internally raged. I grabbed her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Go get help," I said, turning to face Itachi.

"I-I can't leave you." she cried.

"It's our only chance, Temari."

I ready my chakra, making eye contact with dark red orbs.

Taking a chance, I glanced at Kisame, who stood beside Itachi.

"You really have a talent for getting on people's nerves." Kisame spat.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "It won't matter if you're dead." I gritted out.

Kisame laughed at me, and I knew we had no chance. His life meant nothing to him.

"Go, Temari." I screamed.

"NO, not without you; I will help you fight." she cried.

Itachi continued to stand in place, simply observing. Kisame rushed again, flinging his sword at me. Pulling out a kunai, I blocked his attack.

"Go, I am not the one they want dead."

Hearing my words, Teamri took off in the opposite direction.