01 | the life and times of andromeda lazaro

ANDROMEDA DIDN'T ASK TO BE A HALF-BLOOD. in fact, she spent about half of her life completely oblivious to who she was, and why she was the way she was.

that is — until her foster parents had grown bored of her and enrolled her in yancy academy, where she met the invaluable mr. bruner. she owed her life to him. if he hadn't recognized her traits and whisked her away to camp half-blood, she'd be long dead before anyone even knew who she was.

she was about fifteen when she first arrived at camp half-blood. it was there where andromeda met the people she'd call her family. she was welcomed into the hermes cabin for the time being by luke castellan. luke was her first real friend. he showed her the ropes,  trained with her, and since since he was a son of hermes, they slept in the same cabin.

as the years passed she grew closer and closer to luke and his surrogate little sister, annabeth chase.

it was only a matter of time before luke and andromeda were struck by aphrodite.

he had shown her a kind of love that she thought only existed in the movies she used to watch with her father as a little girl. he was kind to her, and she knew that deep below his rough exterior was a heart of gold.

still, things weren't always perfect.

it had been four years since she arrived at camp, and andromeda had yet to be claimed by her mother. she watched kids move in and out of the hermes cabin, while her little cot on the floor stayed put for years and years.

luke and the hermes kids urged her to move into a permanent bed, but she still had hope her mother would claim her one day. she didn't want to disrespect her by sleeping in a bed made for a child of hermes.

andromeda had a kind of hope instilled in her that most half-bloods didn't. the world isn't kind to those that are different, and that jades a lot of children of the gods. but not andromeda.

make no mistake, the world has never been kind to andromeda — except for giving her her father.

mikey lazaro was the kindest and most intelligent man she'd ever known. they were each other's whole world. he protected her from everything until his very last breath.

he told her incredible stories of the stars in the skies, and how love was at the root of everything, and she believed every word he told her.

she would've given everything to stay with him forever.

but the world has never been kind.

still, andromeda had hope.

hope for her mother, hope for her father's legacy, hope for love, hope for peace, hope for the gods, hope for her found family.

and most importantly, she had hope for herself.

⋆˙⟡☾⋆˙༄˙⋆☽⟡˙⋆

જ⁀➴₊⊹ author's note

– meet andromeda <3 i love her she's my precious baby angel

– i'm genuinely so excited for this story like you have no idea i've been plotting and scheming

– happy grammys day i hope taylor swift announces reputation

– QOTD: favorite lightning thief moment?
– AOTD: i love the gateway arch and idk why