Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Against All Odds

Rosie had never felt so light in her life. Never. Not when she was a child, dragged back and forth by her parents on business. Certainly not when she was a teenager, growing up far away from home with the Jeons. And there wasn't a chance in hell she would ever feel anything but the crushing weight of stress in medical school.

But now?

The world, with all its flaws and dangers, was perfect, and vibrant. It was colorful, warm and welcoming, and Rosie felt every emotion course through her at ten times the intensity she normally would have felt.

And it was all because of Jennie Kim.

She couldn't get over herself. Her mind was like a goddamned broken record, replaying a litany of the same thoughts, over and over again.

She was in love with Jennie.

Jennie loved her.

They were together.

She couldn't wrap her head around it. Months ago, she would've scoffed at the idea. Weeks ago, and she would have ached for it, killed for it.

And now she had it.

Rosie didn't know what to do with herself anymore, away from Jennie. It was like her main functionality had disappeared with the cool breeze that was Jennie's affections.

They had both split up to take showers, knowing full well that nothing could possibly be accomplished in each other's presence.

Jennie had just said she had to meet with Nick and Hyori for a meeting somewhere downstairs, and then she was Rosie's for the day.

Rosie's.

Okay, so Rosie had a few responsibilities to take care of. Like checking in with her friends, with Lisa especially, who'd been left in Jisoo's capable hands. And of course, texting her mother, making sure she was still alright.

But Rosie couldn't focus anymore. Last night had been like a dream to her. Jennie's toned arms, wrapped around her. Their soft kisses in the morning glow.

It was as if Rosie's life was finally falling into place, and she actually enjoyed it, for once.

Rosie opted for a shower, still feeling somewhat dirty, though she'd showered the night before. She checked her wound as well, delicately removing the bandage to show a near full recovery, minus the now permanent scar that was left across her abdomen.

She was a bit nervous about Jennie seeing that.

Hell, she was nervous about Jennie seeing her in any way, but god, she wanted it.

Rosie had showered quickly, hoping to catch Jennie downstairs for breakfast so she wouldn't have to eat alone, though she knew she was the reason why Jennie was late to her meeting in the first place.

She came out of the bathroom in the guest room, surprised to find nearly her whole wardrobe folded neatly on her bed.

Rosie smiled to herself. Jennie had promised she'd send Darius to her apartment first thing that morning to pick up Rosie's own clothes. She was glad he was safe and it went off without a hitch.

She opted for a simple green tank top and jeans, hoping Jennie wasn't too formal around her own house. If it could even be called that. Rosie was just aching to see the history behind the manor, the history behind the woman she loved. Jennie was like reading a book that gave away only a little information on each page, and Rosie was eager for more, to read into the words and letters that constructed Jennie's story, that gave her character.