Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Caddel's Lair

One month.

One entire month had passed since Rosie felt the contours of Jennie's body, pressed against her back as they rode her motorcycle through the streets of the capitol. One month since she'd been close enough to smell Jennie's faint perfume, or seen the hint of a tattoo on the back of her neck.

She hadn't been able to see more of Jennie since. She'd never been this scarcely available, in the nearly half a year that Rosie had been made aware of her presence.

Jennie was running around all day, every day, Doyeon in tow. Rosie wondered if she'd been busy with corporate actions or gang actions.

She never even had the spare minute to ask, anymore.

Jisoo was shrouded in secrecy, making phone calls left and right. And Rosie? Rosie was busy doing nothing, it seemed.

But she had to admit, Jennie Kim knew how to get shit done. Efficiently, neatly, as if she and her people were never there.

Though sometimes, Rosie felt as if she wasn't there, either. Jennie didn't even have time to bestow upon her a passing smile, or absent gaze like she used to.

But oh, she had all the time in the world for Doyeon. Of course, they were getting closer. Rosie could see the lust in Doyeon's eyes, and though Jennie wasn't the main goal, why not have a little fun?

Rosie seethed at her own thoughts, the way they consumed her.

The most frustrating part: She wasn't even sure why she cared. She didn't know why she felt annoyance whenever Doyeon put a well-manicured hand on her boss, or whenever they would whisper something to each other under their breath.

She couldn't make sense of anything anymore. She had strange, awfully consuming feelings that simmered and boiled in the pit of her stomach, and she couldn't control them at all.

So she buried herself in her family, her true family, as she reminded herself. She'd never heard more from Mino than a mere: "Thank you, Rosie. I owe you."

Her reply? "Don't tell me about it. I don't want to know. Just don't let it happen again. You're playing with fire, and I'm not talking about Lisa, I'm talking about Jungkook, or worse Jennie."

That was that. Mino even tried to have a conversation with Rosie about it, but she told him to keep it to himself.

It was hard enough, lying to Lisa about Jennie. Now, she had to lie about Somi too?

Rosie's life was torn to shreds, and the winds of D.C. had all but blown them away.

"I can't fucking believe..." Jungkook growled, burying a dart deep inside the hole-riddled dartboard that hung on his office wall. The dart flew through the air with dead precision, burying it's tip right outside of the red bullseye.

His tie was loose around his neck, his hair in wild form. He looked feral, and very tired.

"Kook you're going to crack the board." Somi's voice seemed far off, like it had for the past month or so, completely out of character. She was gazing out the window, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

Lisa had all but stopped talking to her, accusing her of hiding something. "That wouldn't be the first time, would it? I'm surprised you noticed, Somi. These days, the only way to get your attention is to throw something at you." She rolled her eyes. She spoke from her lazy seat towards the back of the room, feet propped up.

"Shut up, Manoban." Chanyeol growled, stepping forward to tear the darts from the board and hand them back to Jungkook like a good little lapdog. "Know your place."