Chapter 2

Later in the morning they got dressed and got into Ice's car and Amber gave him directions to her home. She was shocked to find her door kicked in.

"Ice! My door! He kicked in my door..." she was frantic.

"We're not getting out. Not until the cops get here. I'm calling it in. Sit tight." He commanded. He rested his hand on her shoulder and dialed 911. Within a few minutes the police came. They cleared the house before letting Amber go inside.

"Ma'am, you think you know who did this?" The police officer asked.

"Yes, my ex husband. He showed up at my place of work last night, but we got out of there before the was a confrontation. I guarantee this is his payback for watching me get into a car with another man. We're divorced, but he was a very possessive man...abusive...I have no doubts that it was him. I don't have any enemies. I have a restraining order on him. He broke it last night. I was going to file a complaint after stopping here."

"I can take your report right now. Do you have proof that he violated the order?"

"Yes there are tons of security cameras at my work. Lots of proof."

"Very good. Where do you work? I'll go there as soon as we're done here and get the footage on file."

Amber was relieved to hear that."Great! Thank you officer."

"You're welcome. The Crime lab will be in shortly. Once they give the all clear you will be able to enter the premises. I do not recommend staying here for the time being. Is there somewhere you can go? Other family? Friends?"

Ice stepped up,"I told her that she can use my spare room. I didn't think she would be safe here. We came to pick up some of her belongings."

The officer nodded,"Good plan."

The officer took Amber's statement and nodded to the crime lab team "It may be a while before they're finished."

"We'll wait in the car. It's no problem." Ice said.

"Very good. Ma'am I think I have everything I need for now. Sir, you're a good friend. And thank you for your service, saw the Naval tags on your car."

Ice nodded in respect back,"Thank you for your service as well. It is appreciated."

"Sir." The cop nodded." Good luck to you ma'am. If you need anything here's my card, call any time."

Amber took it and placed it in her purse.

"Thank you. Thank you very much!"

"You're welcome. Good day." The officer left.

Amber and Ice waited very patiently for the crime lab to finish their job.

The lead investigator came to them at the end.

"Whoever did this really destroyed the place. I'm sorry." The small framed blonde woman said to Amber."We have everything we need. You're free to go back inside. If we find anything conclusive we'll be in touch."

"I appreciate it. I'm pretty sure I know who did it but the more evidence I have against him the better. Thank you."

The blonde nodded and headed back to the CSI vans. She gathered her crew and they packed up and left. Finally it was just Shadow and Ice.

"I'm exhausted." Amber said as they walked into her home. A modest apartment with a rustic theme.

"We'll get you packed up and the Hell out of here. He could come back."

"I hope not. I would hope that the cop presence would've helped keep him away at least for the rest of today."

"There's no guarantees on that. Let's get your stuff and go."