Redemption's Price

Darkness......all you saw was Darkness as it surrounded you and your body whole. You were left to wonder how everything in your life went completely wrong.

I was born in the Midwest region of the U.S. by a troubled mother who abused drugs, and a father who worked long hours to support the family. I may have grown up under rough conditions, but I've managed. Father was always out of the home working, giving your mother plenty of time to abuse drugs and take out her anger on me. One night, the worst happened, and my mother killed dad in a rage of violence and drugs. I was forced to watch and was left scarred both physically and mentally. I lost my arm that night, the doctors managed to save my face, but I rather died that day. Every day I look in the mirror I just remember that night, my face is forever scared. I reach my hand to touch the scar on my face, feeling the slight texture and curvature of my skin. It's a haunting reminder of that day, and despite years of healing, the scar will remain. My face bore the jagged scar on the left side, exposing my teeth as wide and exposed as an ocean shark. In places, the skin of the cheek was simply torn away, leaving only blood vessels under the missing flesh.

After high school, I struggled to fit in and find any real happiness. I've managed to get into a community college even if it was out of pity. After that things started to look up for me, even for a bit. I thought I found friends and a lover who likes me and my scars, but even happiness can be fleeting. Happiness is known to be one day everyone can expect to arrive. The day was going positive at first, I was looking forward to hanging out with people who appreciated me. However, that all shattered when I walked into the lion's den. I approached the door with an eerie feeling in my chest, it was quiet outside the door, it's never quiet. Opening the door to my friend's dorm with a plate of cake for them, with a shaky hand. The first thing my eyes locked onto was something I wish to forget.

I felt my heart drop in my chest as I saw my so-called boyfriend making out with my friend. My dreams were crushed in an instant. My heart felt like it was ripping apart from what I saw. I dropped my plate as we made eye contact, tears of betrayal threatening to drop. The rage started to boil as I couldn't believe the betrayal. As my vision turned red, I felt my shaky legs betray me marching up to them, without thinking of grabbing a glass shard. Although my words were a blur of emotions, I made myself heard. He just gave me a smug look while my ex-friend looked away, refusing to meet my gaze. The only words I remember him saying was "used for a sex game, but you never put out."

Next thing I remember was their faces beaten to a bloody pulp, stab wounds in their chest. Looking down at my bloody hands holding the blooded shard of glass. I left the room, trying to make sense of what had just unraveled.

Out of the deep darkness, I ended up wandering the streets. Trying to think what to do next, what's my next move, do I turn myself in? I snap out my dark thoughts and look up to see where I wandered into. I saw a young girl about to be hit by a car. I don't know why but didn't hesitate to push the kid away from harm, even if it meant that I would be harmed, she would be safe. I sacrificed my own life so that someone else could grow up. I don't feel bad about it, I just wish I could have done better.

After that I came back to reality as I floated in Darkness, thinking of all my sins. I just wished I could go back and rewrite all the mistakes of my life.

"If only you got a second chance my dear."

"Why hello there, love! You must be a newcomer I heard about."

A mysterious voice calls out to me. I was startled and terrified by whoever said that, as I looked around to see where it came from.

Suddenly, a woman around her 30's appeared right before my eyes. She had light white hair and bright blue eyes. Wearing a long black dress, that was a little too revealing for my tastes. She must have noticed me staring at her for too long as she says, "well come on now, let's have a look at you, shall we?"

I slowly walked over to the mysterious woman until we were merely inches away from her. She looks at me practically examining me, like a doctor would to a patient.

The woman shook her head in disappointment before saying, "My, my... You really did make a mess of things, didn't you? Hm, how unfortunate. All those good intentions, dreams, hopes, desires, all of it. All that was in that heart of yours, wasted. Wasted, discarded, for what? What was all that hard work for? Was it for this? It really is a shame."

I then felt upset after hearing her say that to me, remembering all the stuff I did in the living world.

"By the way dearie, my name is Bierce. Pleasure doing business with you!" The woman called Bierce said nicely. She then directed me to the tall golden statue in the middle of the room.

"So, in order to save your soul and change fate, you must gather these ring pieces for me. Each piece is a fragment of an all-powerful ring. It supposedly has an ability to grant the deepest desires of those who possess it. Each piece of the ring is inside these portals that lead to nightmarish worlds that would drive a normal man mad. Gather the ring pieces for me and I'll grant your wish." Bierce explained to me. The first portal opened up to reveal a scary monkey face on it. As I was about to go in, Bierce then said ominously to me. "Oh love! Should you fail, which I hope not, then you shall suffer a fate worse than death." I got scared by what she just said, but I was determined to achieve. I then closed my eyes and jumped into the portal.

Unaware that the nightmares are the worst of my worries.

Love and Madness: a demon's desireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें