Riley and I got to the restaurant, and immediately when we walked in, two women waved us over.

Riley smiled and waved back to them, and I did the same.

"Yvonne is the one with the dark hair, Megan is the one with blonde hair," Riley said to me as we walked over to the booth the two women were sitting at. They were sitting on one side, the other was open for Riley and I to sit next to each other.

Yvonne was very pretty, with dark brown skin and shoulder-length black hair. She had on a cranberry-colored shirt, and dangly earrings. Megan was pretty as well. She had light blonde hair that was in a pixie cut, and bright blue eyes. She wore a black t-shirt with a gray pocket on the right side of her chest.

Megan and Yvonne both got up as Riley and I walked over and gave each of us a hug.

"It's so good to see you!" Yvonne said, hugging Riley. She then hugged me and said, "And it is so nice to meet you, Jenny!"

"Yes, it really is," Megan said to me, with a smile.

A minute or so after we sat down, a server came by and took our drink order.

"So," Yvonne said, giving Riley and me a smile, "How exactly did the two of you meet? Riley mentioned that you two knew each other in high school?"

Riley and I looked at each other, both about to speak. She gave me an encouraging nod and a smile.

"We did go to the same high school," I said, "We had some classes together, but we had different friends. I admitted to Riley though that I did have a crush on her in high school."

"How sweet!" Yvonne said, "I'm sure your high school self would be very proud that you're now with Riley.

I laughed and said, "I'm positive she would be."

Riley flashed me a smile and then said, "Now we work with each other. Jenny started at the company I work at a few months ago, and right away I could feel a connection between us. I kept telling myself it was all in my head...but obviously, it wasn't."

"That's awesome," Megan said, "Do your co-workers know you're dating?"

"Only one of them does," I said, "She caught us kissing. Otherwise, they don't know. I'm not sure how long we will keep it that way."

"As long as you need," Riley said to me, and then she said to Megan and Yvonne, "Jenny isn't really...out of the closet yet. At least, not to her family and most people."

"Is your family not accepting?" Megan asked me, "Mine isn't. Haven't spoken to them in years because I'm a lesbian."

I felt a chill go down my spine, knowing that could be me when I came out. Almost as if she knew, Riley put her hand on my knee from under the table.

"They're not, as far as I know," I said, "They're quite conservative."

"You'll come out when you're ready," Megan said, "They could surprise you and be accepting. But if they're not, you have support elsewhere."

"That you do," Riley said to me, as the server walked up with our drinks. We then put in a few appetizers to split as a table.

"Riley, how is your mom doing?" Yvonne asked, taking a sip of her moscow mule.

"Not the greatest, to be honest," Riley said, "The treatments that she was doing for her cancer weren't effective, so now she's trying more aggressive treatments. She's not feeling the best."

"I'm so sorry," Yvonne said, "If you need anything at all, I'm here."

"Thank you," Riley said to Yvonne, and then she said to me, "Yvonne is an Oncology nurse."