Part 6

The last person I was expecting to see at the bar that Stephanie and I went to was Riley.

Stephanie and I went to a local Irish bar that opened called McKinley's. I had been there once with Carmen, and the drinks and overall vibe of the place was good. Not too loud and crazy, but just jumping enough for it to be a good time.

Even though this was my second night going to a bar, I'm actually not too into bars and clubs. I'd prefer to stay home any night of the week.

Right when we walked in the front entrance, Stephanie said, "Oh, this is a good choice. Just look at the bartender."

She nodded toward a tall, dark, and handsome man behind the bar. Also behind the bar was a girl who looked a bit younger that had a very gothic, emo look to her. She had on black shorts and a black crop top, her hair was black with purple money pieces, and she had tattoos.

As we got closer, Stephanie and I sat near the man- I knew she wanted to talk to him.

And right when he came up to us, he seemed to take a liking to Stephanie as she batted her eyelashes at him. We each ordered a drink, and he gave us a smile, his eyes lingering on Stephanie for a moment longer.

"Oh, you're so in." I said, "He definitely finds you attractive."

"I'll try to talk to him as much as I can- if you don't mind." Stephanie said, "He's just my type."

"I don't mind at all. Shoot your shot."

A few sips into my beer- I saw a woman walk through the side entrance to the building- and immediately my heart rate picked up.

No way. It's Riley.

And she looks...good.

Her hair was in its usual ponytail, and she wore a black tank top tucked into a pair of jeans. She looked a bit more feminine than I was used to seeing- and she looked really pretty.

She must've saw me right away- because her eyes widened, and she started walking toward me.

By this time, the bartender was now having a full out conversation with Stephanie, every so often going to get drink orders for other customers.

Right when Riley got up to me, I turned in my chair to face her.

"Hey!" she said, "I wasn't expecting to see you here."

I stood up from my chair, and Riley reached over- and pulled me into a hug.

She wrapped her arms around me, and her hand landed on the small of my back. As we pulled away, I felt hot. And not because of the May heat.

"I wouldn't have expected to see you here, either." I said, "Are you here with anyone."

"I'm actually not." Riley said, "The girl behind the bar is my younger sister, Brooklyn. This is her first night not training and I said I would come to support her. I was just on the phone outside."

The seat next to me was empty- so I said to Riley, "Want to join me? I'm here with my friend and roommate, Stephanie, but as you can see- she is deep in conversation."

Stephanie wasn't paying attention to a word I was saying. She was giving the bartender bedroom eyes. When she saw Riley from the corner of her eye, she gave her a friendly wave and said hello.

Riley chuckled, "Sure. I'm more than glad to sit next to you."

As she sat down she said, "I like your dress. You look pretty."

I could feel my cheeks get hot as I said, "Thank you, Riley. So do you."

"Eh, I usually don't dress like this. As you can see at work." Riley said, "But thank you, though."