Part 8

The next morning, Stephanie and I got coffee and had a debrief about the night before.

I told her about bowling- and that we would have to go to the bowling alley together sometime.

"Maybe we can bring McKenzie with us." Stephanie said, "When was the last time you saw her?"

"Months ago." I said, referring to my old roommate, and Stephanie's mutual friend of mine.

"Do you talk to her a lot?" Stephanie asked me, "I'd say I talk to her on a weekly basis."

"Not a ton." I said, "I know she has a new boyfriend though."

"She seems to really like him." Stephanie said.

Wanting to get off the topic of McKenzie, I said, "Stop stalling and spill! How did it go last night?"

Stephanie smiled, "Really good, I think. The conversation flowed just as well in the restaurant as it did at the bar. Jenny, he is so sexy. He's two years younger than me, he's 24. But that's okay."

"I'm so glad to hear it went well." I said, "Did...anything else happen?"

Stephanie laughed, "You always want to know the dirty details! Yes...not too much, though. Just some over and under the pants finger and hand action. Heavy petting, if you will."

"Did he know what he was doing?" I asked.

"Well, he made me cum from using his fingers, so sure." Stephanie said, a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

I held out my hand and Stephanie high-fived me, "Get it, girl."

She laughed, "You're too much. Hopefully I'll see him again, though. He hasn't texted me yet today. He did text me last night saying he had a great time."

"Steph, it's 10 AM. He's probably asleep. All bartenders and servers have fucked up sleeping schedules. Speaking from experience."

Stephanie nodded, "I'm sure you're right. I hope you are. But anyway- did anything interesting happen last night?"

I took a sip of my caramel macchiato with oat milk and said, "Well. Riley knows that I've been with women."

Stephanie's brown eyes widened, "How did that come about?"

I told her what happened- and how before I left I told Riley I had lied hours before.

"I think it's good that you told her the truth." Stephanie said, "I think she deserved to know."

"I agree." I said, "Plus...I kind of wanted her to know."

"I know you did." Stephanie said, taking a sip of her vanilla latte. She didn't press it much further, which I appreciated.

The next day at work, week three of the job, I trained with Riley.

Now that I had spent time with her in a professional and non-professional setting, I was itching to spend more time with her in a non-professional setting.

All in due time. Maybe.

"Okay." Riley said, as I sat next to her in her cubicle, "Hailey wanted me to quiz you today."

She lowered her voice and said, "Which is fucking dumb if you ask me."

I laughed, "It's alright. You can quiz me."

"You're a good sport." Riley said, and then she started asking me the questions. Regarding the products we manage for our accounts, facts about new products that are coming out, and how to handle account questions.